About the book
The proposed book project, "Contemporary Developments and Perspectives in International Health Security- Volume 2", will provide a comprehensive, up-to-date, and original overview of the full breadth of topics related to international health security (including the related topics of global health security and planetary health). The book will seek to provide the expert reader with practical, immediately relevant, and easy-to-follow chapters arranged along thematic lines. Major topics / themes of this book will include:
- Traditionally accepted topics related to global health security,
- The impact of human activities and climate change on “planetary health”,
- The impact of global demographic changes and the emergence chronic health conditions as international health security threats.
- A theme dedicated to the COVID-19 Pandemic,
- Novel considerations, including the impact of social media and more recent technological developments on international health security.
The goal of this book cycle is to provide a comprehensive compendium that will be able to stand on its own as an authoritative source of information on international health security.