About the book
The book is dedicated to the applications of the nanobiotechnology, i.e. the way that nanotechnology is used to create devices to study biological systems and phenomena. It includes, but it is not limited to:
- the applications of nanotechnology in medicine, as disease diagnosis, target-specific drug delivery, and molecular imaging.
- the applications of nanotechnology in the food and agriculture sectors, as development of pesticide delivery systems through bioactive nanoencapsulation; biosensors to detect and quantify pathogens; organic compounds; other chemicals and food composition alteration; high-performance sensors (electronic tongue and nose); and edible thin films to preserve fruit.
The main topics that will be included in this book are the following:
1. Nanomaterials in biology, medicine, food, environmental, and agriculture
2. Nanosensors in biology, medicine, food, environmental, and agriculture
3. Nanomedicine: diagnostics, imaging, therapy and drug development
4. Micro- and Nanofluidics
The variety of tools and techniques, involved in nanobiotechnology, such as characterization via AFM, synthesis via self-assembly, characterization of self-assembly, as well as computational approaches will be considered, too.