All published manuscripts are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Our Copyright Policy aims to guarantee that original material is published while at the same time giving significant freedom to our authors. InTech upholds a very flexible copyright policy meaning that there is no copyright transfer to the publisher and authors hold exclusive copyright to their work.
When submitting their manuscripts authors are required to accept the terms and conditions set forth in our Copyright Agreement as follows:
1. Author's Retention of Rights
InTech acknowledges and agrees that the Author(s) retain(s) the copyright to the work submitted for publication, and is/are allowed:
- to revise, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display the Chapter/Article
- to republish the Work, as long as InTech is cited as the source of first publication of the Work
- to prepare derivative works from the Chapter/Article
- to apply all other proprietary rights to the Work (such as patents); and
- to authorize others to make any use of the Chapter/Article.
Users are granted the right to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the Work publicly, and to create and distribute derivative works in any medium and for any responsible purpose, as long as the Author receives credit as author, and the Book/Journal in which the Chapter/Article has been published is cited as the source of first publication of the Work.
2. Permission to use
The author assigns to InTech all rights:
- to publish the Work, in whole or in part, by various means such as hard copy or electronic copy formats, and in any and all forms of media, now or hereafter known; and
- to republish, distribute, promote, publicly perform, and publicly display the Work at any time and in all InTech Publishing Group projects.
3. Author's responsibilities
InTech distributes its publications throughout the world and wants to ensure that the material submitted to its publications is properly available to the readership of those publications. Authors must ensure that their Chapter/Article meets the requirements, including provisions covering originality, authorship, author responsibilities and author misconduct. Therefore:
- the Author(s) should only submit original work that has neither appeared elsewhere for publication, nor is under review for another refereed publication
- the Authors(s) should determine whether disclosure of their material, content and photographs requires the prior consent of other parties and, if so, should obtain it; and
- research carried out in collaboration with other scholars necessitates that all authors approve of submitting the Chapter/Article.
Statements and opinions expressed in the Chapter/Article are those of the Author(s) and not those of the editors or InTech. No responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of information contained in the published Chapter/Article. InTech assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage or injury to persons or property arising out of the use of any materials, instructions, methods or ideas contained inside the Chapter/Article.
4. General terms
By accepting the Copyright Agreement the corresponding Author:
- warrants that he/she is the Author and has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment
- affirms that, for jointly authored Chapters/Articles, he/she is empowered to accept this form on behalf of all authors
- warrants that the Chapter/Article is original, has not previously been published and is not currently under consideration for publication by any other entity
- affirms that permission will be obtained for all previously published and/or copyrighted material contained in this manuscript (to the extent that the chapter incorporates text, passages, figures, data or other material from the work of others), it is the authors' collective responsibility to obtain all copyright permissions - they can be obtained during the publishing process and need to be collected before publication; and
- agrees to indemnify InTech against all losses, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from claims made by other parties due to the exceptional circumstance that the author has breached any terms, conditions and/or warranties concerning the authorship of the chapter (the whole or parts of it), the rights to publish the chapter or the infringement of any third party’s rights.
If the Author has prepared the work as part of that his/her official duties as an employee or officer of a Government agency, public institution or company and has copyrights that belong to the Government agency, public institution, or company, InTech agrees to accept their terms and conditions if they are not in conflict with InTech's Copyright Policy.
If you have questions about our copyright policy please contact Mr. Saša Marcan by email at: email@example.com