- Adult Stem Cell Niches
328 pages, August, 2014
All chapters downloaded 427 times.
- Tissue-specific stem cells have the capacity to self-renew and differentiate into several types of functional cells that replenish lost cells throughout an organism?s lifetime. Studies on stem cells from diverse systems have shown that stem cell func ...
- Application of Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery
Ali Demir Sezer
552 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 1370 times.
- This book collects reviews and original articles from eminent experts working in the interdisciplinary arena of nanotechnology use in drug delivery. From their direct and recent experience, the readers can achieve a wide vision on the new and ongoin ...
- Recent Advances in Cryopreservation
130 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 287 times.
- Cryopreservation of germ cells has potential applications not only for production of next generations of animals but also for general reproductive biology including several field of biology. The present book Recent Advances in Cryopreservation is wri ...
- Geochronology - Methods and Case Studies
204 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 293 times.
- Chronology is the backbone of history, and there is a wise saying stating there is no history without a chronology. Earths evolutionary history is built up by geochronology, i.e. time benchmarks upon which the geological history is built up step by s ...
- Mitigation of Ionospheric Threats to GNSS: an Appraisal of the Scientific and Technological Outputs of the TRANSMIT Project
Riccardo Notarpietro, Fabio Dovis, Giorgiana De Franceschi and Marcio Aquino
236 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 600 times.
- TRANSMIT (Training Research and Applications Network to Support the Mitigation of Ionospheric Threats) is an initiative funded by the European Commission through a Marie Curie Initial Training Network. It provided a coordinated program of academic an ...
- Epilepsy Topics
Mark D. Holmes
270 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 661 times.
- An international group of recognised experts has contributed to this volume to discuss a variety of topics on epilepsy. The subject matter is diverse, including new concepts in brain circuitry involved in seizure generation, a discussion on reflex ep ...
- COPD Clinical Perspectives
Ralph J. Panos
206 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 330 times.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an increasingly recognized cause of morbidity and mortality. Over the next 10 years, deaths due to COPD are expected to increase by 30% and, by 2030, COPD is estimated to be the third leading cause of ...
- Capsaicin - Sensitive Neural Afferentation and the Gastrointestinal Tract: from Bench to Bedside
Gyula Mozsik, Omar M. E. Abdel- Salam and Koji Takeuchi
320 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 524 times.
- The capsaicin, a component of paprika, has been used in the culinary practice of every day nutritional practice. This agent is known to cause a variety of actions in the body through activating capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons. A recently launc ...