- Current Topics in Children's Learning and Cognition
Heidi Kloos, Bradley J. Morris and Joseph L. Amaral
160 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 13973 times.
- As a whole, the essays in this book address theoretical and empirical issues related to children's learning and cognition. The first essay, titled Learning in Cognitive Niches, treats the process of sense making on a theoretical level, discussing the ...
- Child Abuse and Neglect - A Multidimensional Approach
194 pages, July, 2012
All chapters downloaded 11482 times.
- Child maltreatment constitutes a social problem that affects all societies of the world. A recent study by the World Health Organisation points out that millions of children suffer some form of maltreatment and require medical and social attention. T ...
- Human Development - Different Perspectives
Maria Lucia Seidl-de-Moura
122 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18109 times.
- Human development has different meanings depending on the area we focus on. To the psychologists it is the ontogenetic process of individual development. It considers systematic psychological changes that occur in human beings over the course of thei ...
- Psychology - Selected Papers
342 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 76383 times.
- This book represents a selection of chapters that address several topics from the broad domains of psychology: alcoholism, clinical interventions, treatment of depression, personality psychology, qualitative research methods in psychology, and social ...
- Learning Disabilities
374 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 48079 times.
- Learning disability is a classification that includes several disorders in which a person has difficulty learning in a typical manner. Depending on the type and severity of the disability, interventions may be used to help the individual learn strate ...