InTech Books » Health Sciences » Medicine » Mental and Behavioural Disorders and Diseases of the Nervous System
- A Synopsis of Parkinson's Disease
Abdul Qayyum Rana
230 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 376 times.
- Parkinsons disease is a disabling neurological condition with both motor and non-motor symptoms for which no cure is available at this stage. This book is unique in covering the most important topics related to Parkinsons disease. Current research an ...
- Current Advances in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Alvaro G. Estévez
256 pages, September, 2013
All chapters downloaded 3747 times.
- Our understanding of the pathology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a continuously changing field. New hypotheses are generated with each new discovery; they are abandoned to be reanalyzed after some time under the light of new observations. This ...
- Developmental Disabilities - Molecules Involved, Diagnosis, and Clinical Care
144 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 2274 times.
- Although various developmental disabilities affecting children and adults might have different pathogeneses, underlying mechanisms, and clinical presentations, the current books emphasizes the fact that there are numerous commonalities in methods of ...
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adolescents
316 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 39891 times.
- ADHD in children and adolescents is a neurodevelopmental disorder, which is recognized by the clinicians all over the world. ADHD is a clinical diagnosis based on reliable history, reports from home and school and a physical examination to rule out a ...
- Psychiatric Disorders - New Frontiers in Affective Disorders
304 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11953 times.
- Affective disorders are a subject of interest to clinicians for more than a century. The awareness of an urgent need for an evidence-based “personalized” approach of treatment is growing in the field of psychiatry. This book brings together leadi ...
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
628 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 29812 times.
- This book highlights the pathophysiological complexities of the mechanisms and factors that are likely to be involved in a range of neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer's disease, other Dementia, Parkinson Diseases and ...
- Peripheral Neuropathy - A New Insight into the Mechanism, Evaluation and Management of a Complex Disorder
164 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8243 times.
- Understanding the rapid changes in the evaluation and management of peripheral neuropathies, as well as the complexity of their mechanism, is a mandatory requirement for the practitioner to optimize patient's care. The objective of this book is to up ...
- New Insights into Anxiety Disorders
444 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18537 times.
- This book collects the contributions of a number of clinical psychiatrists all over the world, interested in developing basic research about anxiety and in applying it in clinical contexts. It is divided into four sections, covering general issues ab ...