- Environmental Technologies
E. Burcu Ozkaraova Gungor
268 pages, January, 2008
All chapters downloaded 220196 times.
- This book on Environmental Technology takes a look at issues such as air, soil and noise
pollution problems, environmental quality assessment, monitoring, modelling and risk as-
sessment, environmental health impact assessment, environmental mana ...
- Swarm Intelligence, Focus on Ant and Particle Swarm Optimization
Felix T.S. Chan and Manoj Kumar Tiwari
548 pages, December, 2007
All chapters downloaded 248516 times.
- In the era globalisation the emerging technologies are governing engineering industries to a multifaceted state. The escalating complexity has demanded researchers to find the possible ways of easing the solution of the problems. This has motivated t ...
- Robotic Soccer
598 pages, December, 2007
All chapters downloaded 108702 times.
- Many papers in the book concern advanced research on (multi-)robot subsystems, naturally motivated by the challenges posed by robot soccer, but certainly applicable to other domains: reasoning, multi-criteria decision-making, behavior and team coordi ...
- Multiprocessor Scheduling, Theory and Applications
436 pages, December, 2007
All chapters downloaded 191307 times.
- A major goal of the book is to continue a good tradition - to bring together reputable researchers from different countries in order to provide a comprehensive coverage of advanced and modern topics in scheduling not yet reflected by other books. The ...
- Climbing and Walking Robots: towards New Applications
546 pages, October, 2007
All chapters downloaded 120932 times.
- With the advancement of technology, new exciting approaches enable us to render mobile robotic systems more versatile, robust and cost-efficient. Some researchers combine climbing and walking techniques with a modular approach, a reconfigurable appro ...
- Bioinspiration and Robotics Walking and Climbing Robots
Maki K. Habib
544 pages, September, 2007
All chapters downloaded 275357 times.
- Nature has always been a source of inspiration and ideas for the robotics community. New solutions and technologies are required and hence this book is coming out to address and deal with the main challenges facing walking and climbing robots, and co ...
- Human Robot Interaction
522 pages, September, 2007
All chapters downloaded 132867 times.
- Human-robot interaction research is diverse and covers a wide range of topics. All aspects of human factors and robotics are within the purview of HRI research so far as they provide insight into how to improve our understanding in developing effecti ...
- Rehabilitation Robotics
Sashi S Kommu
648 pages, August, 2007
All chapters downloaded 165323 times.
- The coupling of several areas of the medical field with recent advances in robotic systems has seen a paradigm shift in our approach to selected sectors of medical care, especially over the last decade. Rehabilitation medicine is one such area. The d ...