- Ubiquitous Computing
260 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 39838 times.
- The aim of this book is to give a treatment of the actively developed domain of Ubiquitous computing. Originally proposed by Mark D. Weiser, the concept of Ubiquitous computing enables a real-time global sensing, context-aware informational retrieval ...
- Time-Delay Systems
226 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 38255 times.
- Time delay is very often encountered in various technical systems, such as electric, pneumatic and hydraulic networks, chemical processes, long transmission lines, robotics, etc.
The existence of pure time lag, regardless if it is present in the con ...
- Torque Control
Moulay Tahar Lamchich
304 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 104221 times.
- This book is the result of inspirations and contributions from many researchers, a collection of 9 works, which are, in majority, focalised around the Direct Torque Control and may be comprised of three sections: different techniques for the control ...
- Recurrent Neural Networks for Temporal Data Processing
112 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 20968 times.
- The RNNs (Recurrent Neural Networks) are a general case of artificial neural networks where the connections are not feed-forward ones only. In RNNs, connections between units form directed cycles, providing an implicit internal memory. Those RNNs are ...
- Emerging Communications for Wireless Sensor Networks
Anna Foerster and Alexander Foerster
278 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 54906 times.
- Wireless sensor networks are deployed in a rapidly increasing number of arenas, with uses ranging from healthcare monitoring to industrial and environmental safety, as well as new ubiquitous computing devices that are becoming ever more pervasive in ...
- Aluminium Alloys, Theory and Applications
412 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 144531 times.
- The present book enhances in detail the scope and objective of various developmental activities of the aluminium alloys. A lot of research on aluminium alloys has been performed. Currently, the research efforts are connected to the relatively new met ...
- Recent Advances in Brain-Computer Interface Systems
234 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 48103 times.
- Brain Computer Interface (BCI) technology provides a direct electronic interface and can convey messages and commands directly from the human brain to a computer. BCI technology involves monitoring conscious brain electrical activity via electroencep ...
- Ant Colony Optimization - Methods and Applications
352 pages, February, 2011
All chapters downloaded 119983 times.
- Ants communicate information by leaving pheromone tracks. A moving ant leaves, in varying quantities, some pheromone on the ground to mark its way. While an isolated ant moves essentially at random, an ant encountering a previously laid trail is able ...