- Risk Management Trends
278 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 60827 times.
- In many human activities risk is unavoidable. It pervades our life and can have a negative impact on individual, business and social levels. Luckily, risk can be assessed and we can cope with it through appropriate management methodologies.
The book ...
- Chemistry, Emission Control, Radioactive Pollution and Indoor Air Quality
692 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 81498 times.
- The atmosphere may be our most precious resource. Accordingly, the balance between its use and protection is a high priority for our civilization. While many of us would consider air pollution to be an issue that the modern world has resolved to a gr ...
- Advances in Econometrics - Theory and Applications
126 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 29446 times.
- Econometrics is becoming a highly developed and highly mathematicized array of its own sub disciplines, as it should be, as economies are becoming increasingly complex, and scientific economic analyses require progressively thorough knowledge of soli ...
- Progress in Biomass and Bioenergy Production
Syed Shahid Shaukat
456 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 101919 times.
- Alternative energy sources have become a hot topic in recent years. The supply of fossil fuel, which provides about 95 percent of total energy demand today, will eventually run out in a few decades. By contrast, biomass and biofuel have the potential ...
- New Perspectives in Biosensors Technology and Applications
Pier Andrea Serra
458 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 125811 times.
- A biosensor is a detecting device that combines a transducer with a biologically sensitive and selective component. Biosensors can measure compounds present in the environment, chemical processes, food and human body at low cost if compared with trad ...
- The Economic Geography of Globalization
276 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 57515 times.
- Very often the process of globalization is referred the word economy evolution. Often we measure and study globalization in the economic relevance. The economy is possibly the most recognized dimension of globalization. That is why we see many new p ...
- Organic Light Emitting Diode - Material, Process and Devices
Seung Hwan Ko
323 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 80482 times.
- This book contains a collection of latest research developments on Organic light emitting diodes (OLED). It is a promising new research area that has received a lot of attention in recent years. Here you will find interesting reports on cutting-edge ...
- Wind Tunnels and Experimental Fluid Dynamics Research
Jorge Colman Lerner and Ulfilas Boldes
724 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 167717 times.
- The book "Wind Tunnels and Experimental Fluid Dynamics Research" is comprised of 33 chapters divided in five sections. The first 12 chapters discuss wind tunnel facilities and experiments in incompressible flow, while the next seven chapters deal wit ...