- New Approaches to Characterization and Recognition of Faces
262 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 60744 times.
- As a baby, one of our earliest stimuli is that of human faces. We rapidly learn to identify, characterize and eventually distinguish those who are near and dear to us. We accept face recognition later as an everyday ability. We realize the complexity ...
- Cancer Stem Cells - The Cutting Edge
630 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 90873 times.
- Over the last thirty years, the foremost inspiration for research on metastasis, cancer recurrence, and increased resistance to chemo- and radiotherapy has been the notion of cancer stem cells.The twenty-eight chapters assembled in Cancer Stem Cells ...
- Biomedical Engineering - Frontiers and Challenges
386 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 80367 times.
- In all different areas in biomedical engineering, the ultimate objectives in research and education are to improve the quality life, reduce the impact of disease on the everyday life of individuals, and provide an appropriate infrastructure to promot ...
- Energy Management Systems
P. Giridhar Kini
288 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 78961 times.
- This book comprises of 13 chapters and is written by experts from industries, and academics from countries such as USA, Canada, Germany, India, Australia, Spain, Italy, Japan, Slovenia, Malaysia, Mexico, etc. This book covers many important aspects o ...
- Photodiodes - World Activities in 2011
410 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 67792 times.
- Photodiodes or photodetectors are in one boat with our human race. Efforts of people in related fields are contained in this book. This book would be valuable to those who want to obtain knowledge and inspiration in the related area.
- Wind Farm - Impact in Power System and Alternatives to Improve the Integration
Gastón Orlando Suvire
342 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 65383 times.
- During the last two decades, increase in electricity demand and environmental concern resulted in fast growth of power production from renewable sources. Wind power is one of the most efficient alternatives. Due to rapid development of wind turbine t ...
- Risk Management Trends
278 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 61491 times.
- In many human activities risk is unavoidable. It pervades our life and can have a negative impact on individual, business and social levels. Luckily, risk can be assessed and we can cope with it through appropriate management methodologies.
The book ...
- Chemistry, Emission Control, Radioactive Pollution and Indoor Air Quality
692 pages, July, 2011
All chapters downloaded 82435 times.
- The atmosphere may be our most precious resource. Accordingly, the balance between its use and protection is a high priority for our civilization. While many of us would consider air pollution to be an issue that the modern world has resolved to a gr ...