About the book
The book aims to demonstrate possibilities of the methods of combinatorics and probability theory for solving practical problems. Six topics of book concept are intended for presenting logically full research contour from theory achievements to practice effects:
- basic concepts and propositions of the methods of combinatorics and probability theory, the building of probabilistic space. This includes also the historical analysis of solved theoretical problems and applications, prospects of methods development, existing scientific problems and ways to solve them;
- problems of system analysis, risks prediction, rationale of preventive measures, maintenance of stability and extraction of the latent effects by a use of the methods of combinatorics and probability theory. This includes also descriptions of used metrics and their interpretations for solving practical problems in life cycle of complex systems;
- combinatorics methods for solving problems of integral circuits design, information coding, structuring data. This includes also last achievements of configuration theory and combinatorics applications;
- methods of probabilistic modeling for solving problems of maintenance and improvement of quality, reliability, safety, decreasing expenses for complex systems. This includes also application examples for industrial and power systems (including the oil and gas complex, dangerous manufactures), transport systems, the financial, economic and insurance companies, emergency response services, housing and communal services;
- solutions for problems of optimization and rational control of processes and systems operation. This includes also application examples for electronic sensors, infrastructures, robotics, intellectual manufacture, medical, aviation and space systems;
- applications for "smart" technologies, networks and cities, intellectual complexes, big data analysis, confidential services (including digital signatures and identification), maintenance of information security. This includes also examples of ideas and their implementations for the nearest future.
Thereby owing to combinatorics and probability methods the reader and user should be able to receive justified answers on actual questions: “How to reach high effects?”, “What choice is rational?”, “What counteraction measures against risks are more reliable?”, “How much dangerous are those or others scenarios?”, “How much profitable are those or others actions?” etc. The prognostic answers for hypothetical conditions may be received for future period in time. The methods and criteria for optimization are formulated. Many practical examples can help to understand the possibilities of presented methods and profit from their practical uses.