About the book
Aphids represent a very important family of the Hemipteran order with unique features and characteristics. Most people have gotten to know aphids as the major garden pest infesting the soft green tissues of their ornamental plants and damaging them by sucking out the sap. Therefore, aphids represent an important group of organisms with exceptional evolutionary and ecological particularities like complex life cycles, host-plant specificities, facultative bacterial symbiosis, and resistance against pathogens, parasitoids, or environmental stresses.
In this book, we are aiming to cover the entire spectrum of aphid research including:
• Aphid-microbe endosymbiosis,
• Chemical signaling and semiochemicals,
• Aphid biology and ecology,
• Aphid endoparasitoids and their mass scale production,
• RNA interference and chemical pest control,
• Plant host specificity and pathology of aphid pests of crops.
You are welcome to submit original research or review chapters, with respect to the book’s topics in order to efficiently address this very important scientific field of entomological research.