We are looking to add further talent to our team in The Shard office in London with a full-time Social Media Community Manager and Marketing Assistant position. The candidate will bring with them a creative and enthusiastic mindset, high level problem-solving skills, the latest marketing and social media platforms skills and strong involvement in community-best practices to engage with researchers and scholars online. The ideal candidate wll be a dynamic, forward thinking, approachable team player, able to communicate with all in the global, growing company, with an ability to understand and build a rapport within the research community.
The Social Media Community Manager and Marketing Assistant will report to the Senior Marketing Manager. They will work alongside the Marketing and Corporate Communications team, supporting the preparation of all marketing programs, assisting in the development of scientific marketing and communication deliverables, and creating content for social media outlets, as well as managing international social communities.
- Assist in developing creative ideas and implementing materials to support marketing campaigns and events. Deliver projects as part of overall company marketing programme
- Play a key part in workshops for current and new programme ideas, collate ideas and recommendations for tactical programme elements
- Support marketing program preparation and wrap up (e.g., agendas, meeting notes, topics for discussion, background research, setting up campaigns, preparing lists)
- Preparation and content building for online and print material.
- Support relationships with external partners from across the scholarly communications and research, including overall research and support of the academic and institutional liaison program
- Social and Community moderation and monitoring to ensure high quality of answers provided via digital communities (e.g. research communities, LinkedIn, forums)
- Identify and implement effective social media coverage and monitoring tools. ie. Social listening
- Create content for different social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blogs)
- Influencer and community outreach content
- Contribute creative ideas for using social media in existing programmes
- 2-3 years of experience supporting marketing programme, including social and community experience with an understanding of how digital communication fits into the overall communications and marketing programmes
- Excellent communications skills -- able to write in a clear, explanatory and customer-focused manner, with a demonstrated strong command over the English language.
- Strong copywriting skills -- will be called upon to write online including hard copy content.
- Experience of engaging customers using social media technologies, platforms, listening programs and tracking/analytics. Evidence will be required.
- Experience of leveraging influencer communities and managing content strategies to maximise customer engagement. Examples will be required.
- Superb organisational skills - ability to take ownership and manage time effectively, as well as manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy within an environment of continuous change
- Self-starter able to work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Team player with a learning and forward-thinking mindset who fosters a strong working environment with flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of different programs
- Experience in supporting programs with external partners, including global companies
- Previous experience of working with research, academia or scholarly communications
- Knowledge of open science, open research or open access
What makes IntechOpen a great place to work?
IntechOpen is a global, dynamic and fast-growing company offering excellent opportunities to develop. We are a young and vibrant company where great people do great work. We offer a creative, dedicated, committed, passionate, and above all, fun environment where you can work, travel, meet world-renowned researchers and grow your career and experience.
- Competitive salary
- Interactions with all areas of our business in all offices, which can lead to opportunities for career advancement
- Collaboration with scientists and publishing experts worldwide
- Insight into book editorial and production processes
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your salary expectations.
Note: This full-time position will have an immediate start. In your cover letter, please indicate when you might be available for a block of two hours. As part of the interview process, all candidates that make it to the second phase will participate in a writing exercise.
*IntechOpen is an Equal Opportunities Employer consistent with its obligations under the law and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of disability, gender, age, colour, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, war veteran status, or any classification protected by state, or local law.