We have more than a decade of experience in Open Access publishing. The advantages of publishing with IntechOpen include:
Our platform – IntechOpen is the world’s leading publisher of OA books, built by scientists, for scientists.
Our reputation – Everything we publish goes through a two-stage peer review process. We’re proud to count Nobel laureates among our esteemed authors. We meet European Commission standards for funding, and the research we’ve published has been funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Wellcome Trust, among others. IntechOpen is a member of all relevant trade associations (including the STM Association and the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers) and has a selection of books indexed in Web of Science's Book Citation Index.
Our expertise – We’ve published more than 4,500 books by more than 118,000 authors and editors.
Our reach – Our books have more than 130 million downloads and more than 146,150 Web of Science citations. We increase citations via indexing in all the major databases, including the Book Citation Index at Web of Science and Google Scholar.
Our services – The support we offer our authors and editors is second to none. Each book in our program receives the following:
- A Creative Commons license, so authors always keep their copyright;
- A dedicated Author Service Manager to guide the publication process from submission to publication;
- Professional copyediting and language editing;
- Monitoring with CrossCheck plagiarism identification software;
- Professional typesetting in fulltext, interactive XML;
- An open access e-book, plus beautifully produced hardcover and affordable paperback print-on-demand editions;
- Professional cover design;
- Access to our online Manuscript Tracking System;
- A dedicated landing page;
- Real-time user statistics for each book and chapter;
- Automated citation and reference options for each chapter;
- DOI for every book and every individual chapter;
- ISBN and ISSN registration;
- Long-term archiving in CLOCKSS;
- Distribution to libraries;
- Indexing in Web of Science Book Citation Index, OAPEN, PubMed Bookshelf;
- SEO optimization;
- Inclusion in and metadata distribution to repositories such as Google Scholar, EBSCO, WorldCat, OpenAIRE, CNKI;
Our end-to-end publishing service frees our authors and editors to focus on what matters: research. We empower them to shape their fields and connect with the global scientific community.
"In developing countries until now, advancement in science has been very limited, because insufficient economic resources are dedicated to science and education. These limitations are more marked when the scientists are women. In order to develop science in the poorest countries and decrease the gender gap that exists in scientific fields, Open Access networks like IntechOpen are essential. Free access to scientific research could contribute to ameliorating difficult life conditions and breaking down barriers." Marquidia Pacheco, National Institute for Nuclear Research (ININ), Mexico
Interested? Contact Ana Pantar (email@example.com) for more information.