FIND OUT MORE
Your Personal Contact
- Kristina Kardum
Publishing Process Manager
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone number: +385 (51) 770-447
- Office Hours: 8am - 4pm CET
- Current Time: 5:23 am CET
Call for Chapters:
“Human-Robot Interaction - Theory and Application”
OPEN ACCESS BOOK
Book edited by:
University of Tartu, Estonia
University of Barcelona, Spain
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
1. Chapter Proposal submission (1 page long): April 03, 2017
Expected Chapter Proposal review results: May 01, 2017
2. Full Chapter submission (14-20 pages long): June 30, 2017
Expected Full Chapter Review results: August 29, 2017
Expected publication date in November 2017
About the book
The ever-increasing demand for robust human behavior analysis and understanding approaches in the last decades has led to the development of a variety of notions, methodologies, and approaches by industrial and academic parties engaged in machine learning and computer vision. The pertinent applications usually lie in the areas of human-robot and human-computer interaction. The components required for constructing a practical utility of this type may relate to a plenty of subjects, including human or object recognition and tracking, multimodal emotion induction or recognition, human activity or gesture detection and tracking and multimodal human behaviour analysis, which implies that a combination of multiple resources of information resulted from the detection and tracking of entities and their movements should be considered. The wide range of the topics involved in performing such a task necessitates resorting to the contributions brought by numerous domains, each of which constitutes an element of the whole interdisciplinary package. This book summarizes a choice selection of the most recent items amongst the aforementioned techniques and applications, which is aimed at introducing and motivating the associated technologies bringing, at least potential, advancements to the development of strategies targeting any sort of analysis of human behaviors based on visual information.
The area of interest and scope of the project can be described with (but are not limited to) the following keywords:
Human-Robot Interaction; Human-Computer Interaction; Multi-Modal Expression Recognition; Human Recognition; Object Recognition; Object Tracking; Human Activity Recognition; Head Pose Estimation; Gesture Recognition; Emotion Induction; Person Identification; Human Pose Recovery; Image Analysis (computer science); Audio-Visual Processing; Micro Emotion Recognition; Gender Recognition; Robotics
Authors are not limited in terms of topic, but encouraged to present a chapter proposal that best suits their current research efforts. Later, when all chapter proposals are collected, the editor will provide a more specific direction of the book.
Types of papers
We accept theoretical and applied scientific papers which can be presented as original research papers and review papers. The required length of the full chapters is 14-20 pages.
Some of the authors contributing to this book so far:
Dr. Hirokatsu Kataoka
Tokyo University, Japan
Ph.D. Kourosh Meshgi
Kyoto University, Japan
M.Sc. Vibekananda Dutta
Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
Dr. S Ramakrishnan
Thiagarajar College of Engineering, India
Publishing process steps and dates
To view each of the process steps in detail, please click on the date or the question mark sign.
- Acceptance of the invitation sent by e-mail and online registration More info
- Chapter proposal submission Apr 03, 2017 More info
- Chapter proposal review More info
- Full chapter submission Jun 30, 2017 More info
- Editorial review More info
- Payment of Article Processing Charge (APC) Jul 30, 2017 More info
- To accept this invitation and to start the publishing process for the book "Human-Robot Interaction - Theory and Application", please fill in the registration form
- You have been nominated to participate based on your expertise in the field and we believe that you might have something new and original to share with the scientific world. By accepting the invitation you are registered as a potential author for our new book project.
- The chapter proposal gives a general overview of the content covered in the full chapter. The chapter proposal form can be downloaded on the Author Panel page.
** possible deadline extension 2 weeks
- The Book Editor reviews all chapter proposals, decides which topics to focus on or change to better suit the book and selects manuscripts with a high degree of relevance and a bearing on developments in the field.
- Authors whose chapter proposals get accepted are informed that they can proceed to write and submit the complete chapter following the publisher's Author Guidelines.
- Book Editor reviews the full chapters, screens them for plagiarism, evaluates their scientific merit, and ultimately decides whether they are suitable for inclusion in a book or not. He/she has the possibility of accepting, rejecting, and suggesting revisions of the full chapter.
- The APC cost makes all the content Open Access and is payable by the author, their institution or funder.
- All of the chapters are sent to language copyediting and technical editing. This services are included in the APC.
- Your chapter is published online as soon as production is completed, allowing your work to immediately begin collecting citations and downloads while the rest of the book is being completed.
- The book is published online on our website and promoted around the web in major search engines, databases and online repositories.
- You can order print copies of your book.
* InTechOpen regularly submits its books for evaluation and coverage in the Book Citation Index in the Web of Science™ Core Collection (BKCI). BKCI is a part of Web of Science Core Collection (WoSCC) together with SCI Expanded, SSCI, AHCI and other databases. Books that successfully pass the evaluation process will subsequently be indexed in the BKCI.
InTechOpen Open Access benefits
Open Access enables higher visibility, usage, citation and impact of authors’ work.
+44,000 +93 million +570,000WOS CITATIONS TOTAL DOWNLOADS READERS/MONTH
- Opportunity to collaborate with international scholars
- Readership statistics and chapter usage milestones
- Retain copyright to your published chapter
- Adherence to publishing standards and publication ethics (COPE) and iThenticate plagiarism check
- Full PDF versions of your book
- Exclusive author promotion: order your book and get one print copy free
- Create your author profile and learn how to promote your book through social media
Open Access Article Processing Charge
The Article Processing Charge (APC) is 890 EUR per chapter.
This is not a submission fee. Authors or their institutions/funding bodies will need to pay the APC only if the full chapter is accepted for publication. The APC covers:
- Personal contact and support during the publishing process
- Online manuscript tracking system to facilitate your work
- English language copyediting - correction of grammatical, spelling, and other common errors
- Indexing and listing across all major repositories
- Long-term archiving
- Discoverability - electronic citation and linking via DOI
- XML Typesetting and pagination - web (PDF, HTML) and print files preparation
- Permanent and unrestricted online access to your work
- Dissemination and Promotion
The price does not include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Residents of European Union countries need to add VAT based on their specific country rate. Institutions and companies, outside of Croatia, registered as VAT taxable entities in their own EU member state, will not pay VAT by providing IN TECH with their VAT registration number. This is made possible by the EU reverse charge method.
Institutions and foundations with Open Access funding
Many institutions and foundations have their own Open Access funds that can be used by authors to cover publication fees. For an overview of available funding per country, see the complete list here.