FIND OUT MORE
Your Personal Contact
- Dragana Manestar
Publishing Process Manager
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: +385 (51) 770-447
- Office Hours: 8am - 4pm CET
- Current Time: 10:39 am CET
Call for Chapters:
OPEN ACCESS BOOK
Book edited by:
Dr. Bjorn Jespersen
Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Dr. Marie Duzi
VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
1. Chapter Proposal submission (1-4 pages long): March 15, 2012
Expected Chapter Proposal review results: April 16, 2012
2. Full Chapter submission (16-20 pages long): June 11, 2012
Expected Full Chapter Review results: August 10, 2012
Expected publication date in October 2012
About the book
This book will be a self-contained collection of scholarly papers targeting an audience of practicing researchers, academics, PhD students and other scientists.
The contents of the book will be written by multiple authors and edited by experts in the field.
- Fixed point theorem
- Denotational semantics
- Recursive definitions
- Ontology languages
- Computer science
- Procedural and operational semantics
Types of papers
We accept theoretical and applied scientific papers which can be presented as original research papers and review papers. The required length of the full chapters is 16-20 pages.
Publishing process steps and dates
To view each of the process steps in detail, please click on the date or the question mark sign.
- Acceptance of the invitation sent by e-mail and online registration More info
- Chapter proposal submission Mar 15, 2012 More info
- Chapter proposal review More info
- Full chapter submission Jun 11, 2012 More info
- Editorial review More info
- Payment of Article Processing Charge (APC) Jul 09, 2012 More info
- To accept this invitation and to start the publishing process for the book "Formal Semantics", please fill in the registration form
- You have been nominated to participate based on your expertise in the field and we believe that you might have something new and original to share with the scientific world. By accepting the invitation you are registered as a potential author for our new book project.
- The chapter proposal gives a general overview of the content covered in the full chapter. The chapter proposal form can be downloaded on the Author Panel page.
** possible deadline extension 2 weeks
- The Book Editor reviews all chapter proposals, decides which topics to focus on or change to better suit the book and selects manuscripts with a high degree of relevance and a bearing on developments in the field.
- Authors whose chapter proposals get accepted are informed that they can proceed to write and submit the complete chapter following the publisher's Author Guidelines.
- Book Editor reviews the full chapters, screens them for plagiarism, evaluates their scientific merit, and ultimately decides whether they are suitable for inclusion in a book or not. He/she has the possibility of accepting, rejecting, and suggesting revisions of the full chapter.
- The APC cost makes all the content open access and is payable by the author, their institution or funder.
- All of the chapters are sent to language copyediting and technical editing. This services are included in the APC.
- Your chapter is published online on our websites and promoted around the web in major search engines, databases and online repositories.
- You can order print copies of your book.
InTech open access benefits
Open access enables higher visibility, usage, citation and impact of authors’ work.
+20,000 +86 million +679,000WOS CITATIONS TOTAL DOWNLOADS READERS/MONTH
- Opportunity to collaborate with international scholars
- Readership statistics and chapter usage milestones
- Authors retain copyright to their published chapter
- Adherence to publishing standards and publication ethics (COPE) and iThenticate plagiarism check
Open access Article Processing Charge
The Article Processing Charge (APC) is 640 EUR per chapter.
This is not a submission fee. Authors or their institutions/funding bodies will need to pay the APC only if the full chapter is accepted for publication. The APC covers:
- Personal contact and support during the publishing process
- Online manuscript tracking system to facilitate your work
- English language copyediting - correction of grammatical, spelling, and other common errors
- Indexing and listing across all major repositories
- Discoverability - electronic citation and linking via DOI
- XML Typesetting and pagination - web (PDF, HTML) and print files preparation
- Permanent and unrestricted online access to your work
The price does not include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Residents of European Union countries need to add VAT based on their specific country rate. EU based institutions, paying fees on your behalf, will not pay VAT by providing InTech with their VAT registration number. This is made possible by the EU reverse charge method.