Your Personal Contact
- Dragana Manestar
Publishing Process Manager
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone number: +385 (51) 770-447
- Office Hours: 8am - 4pm CET
- Current Time: 12:59 pm CET
Call for Chapters:
Book edited by:
Dr. Sarkis Morales-Vidal
Assistant Professor, Director of Telemedicine, Department of Neurology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center- Trinity Health, USA
1 STEP – Authors : Chapter proposal submission (1-4 pages long): January 11, 2012
Book Editor: Chapter proposal review results: February 08, 2012
2 STEP – Authors : Full Chapter submission (16-26 pages long): April 16, 2012
Book Editor: Full Chapter Review results: June 15, 2012
This book is planned to be published in August 2012
The book will be indexed in:
About the book
This book will be a self-contained collection of scholarly papers targeting an audience of practicing researchers, academics, PhD students and other scientists.
The contents of the book will be written by multiple authors and edited by experts in the field.
- Etiology of encephalopathy
- Epidemiology of encephalopathy
- Pathophysiology of encephalopathy
- Classification of encephalopathy
- Hypoxic encephalopathy
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Uremic encephalopathy
- Hashimoto's encephalopathy
- Glycine encephalopathy
- Wernicke's encephalopathy
- Hypertensive encephalopathy
- Lyme encephalopathy
- Toxic encephalopathy
- Toxic-metabolic encephalopathy
- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy
- Neonatal encephalopathy
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Causes of encephalopathy
- Medical imaging
- Management of encephalopathy
- Surgical treatment of encephalopathy
- Lifestyle modification
- Pharmacological therapy
- Recent advances and future perspectives
Types of papers
We accept theoretical and applied scientific papers which can be presented as original research papers and review papers. The required length of the full chapters is 16-26 pages.Top of page
Publishing process steps and dates
To see details of each of the steps in the process, please click on the date or the question mark sign and they will appear in the box on the right.
- Acceptance of the invitation sent by e-mail and online registration More info
- Chapter proposal submission Jan 11, 2012 More info
- Chapter proposal review See Details More info
- Chapter submission Apr 16, 2012 More info
- Chapter review See Details More info
- Payment of Article Processing Charge (APC) Jun 30, 2012 More info
- Typesetting and Proof Corrections See Details More info
- Printing of the book August 2012 More info
- Online publication of the book August 2012 More info
- Book delivery to corresponding author See Details More info
- To accept this invitation and to start the publishing process for the book "Encephalopathies", please fill in the registration form
- You have been nominated to participate based on your expertise in the field and we believe that you might have something new and original to share with the scientific world. By accepting the invitation you are registered as a potential author for our new book project.
- The chapter proposal consists of a tentative title, the author's name(s) and a short description of the chapter (1-4 A4 pages), clearly explaining the aims and topic of the chapter.A chapter proposal writing form is available on the Author Panel page for all registered authors.
** possible deadline extension 2 weeks
- The Book Editor(s) reviews all the chapter proposals, decides which topics to accept/reject or change to better suit the book and selects manuscripts with a high degree of relevance and a bearing on developments in the field.
- If you have received a Notification of Acceptance this means that your current research has been recognized as valuable and relevant to the given theme. If not, you may try again with a different approach or wait for a future project which may prove more suitable for your research area.
- The Authors of the accepted chapter proposals are informed that they can proceed to write and submit the complete chapter following the publisher's Author Guidelines (a guide to preparing the manuscript for submission). The full chapter should be 16 to 26 pages long.
** possible deadline extension 1 month
- All submitted full chapters are first sent to the Scientific Reviewer for a preliminary review. After the Scientific Reviewer completes the review reports, The Book Editor collects and compiles the reports, reviews the full chapters and suggests the final decision. He/she has the possibility of accepting/rejecting/asking for a revision of the full chapter.
- After your chapter passes the review by the Book Editor you will receive a final notification of acceptance.
- You will receive an invoice which will also be available on your Author Panel. A publishing fee of 670 euro covers the cost of the publishing process management,online publishing technologies, typesetting, proofreading, copyediting, hard copy for the corresponding author and the promotion and dissemination of your work.
- Our Technical Editor will prepare the Typeset Proof of your chapter and you will be able to check it and request corrections.
- The manuscript is now prepared for print. You will be asked once again to give your final approval.
- The book will be published as an Open Access publication made available through InTech's reading platform and indexed in scientific databases. Free hard copies are sent to the Book Editor and corresponding Authors who have contributed to the book.
- Your chapter is published online on our websites and promoted around the web in major search engines, databases and online repositories.
- A hard copy of the book will be sent to you by express mail. You can also order additional copies of the book.
Top of page
Article Processing Charge (APC)
The Open Access model that we apply to all of our publication eliminates subscriptions and pay-per-view fees, hence enabling readers to access high quality research at no cost.
To keep the business sustainable, the publisher applies an Article Processing Charge to cover the costs of the editorial workflow and production. These include:
- Publishing process management
- Online publishing technology
- Proof reading, copyediting
- Promotion and dissemination of your work
- Indexing and listing across all major repositories
- Printing and express delivery of one hard copy of the book sent directly to the Editor(s) and corresponding Authors
Register to participate
To participate in this book project, please fill in the registration form.
InTech is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Learn more »