FIND OUT MORE
Your Personal Contact
- Nina Kalinic
Publishing Process Manager
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: +385 (51) 770-447
- Office Hours: 8am - 4pm CET
- Current Time: 12:17 am CET
Call for Chapters:
“Parasomnias and Insomnias - Sleep Disorders”
OPEN ACCESS BOOK
Book edited by:
Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service (SAAS) and
The Open University Law School
YOUR NEXT STEPS:
1. Chapter Proposal submission (1-4 pages long): January 31, 2017
Expected Chapter Proposal review results: February 28, 2017
2. Full Chapter submission (16-20 pages long): April 29, 2017
Expected Full Chapter Review results: June 28, 2017
Expected publication date in September 2017
About the book
This book will be a self-contained collection of scholarly papers targeting an audience of practicing researchers, academics, PhD students and other scientists.
The contents of the book will be written by multiple authors and edited by experts in the field.
The area of interest and scope of the project can be described with (but are not limited to) the following keywords:
* Binding areas and concepts
Sleep and chronobiology; Circadian, Ultradian; Two process model; Default mode network; Connectomes; Consciousness, mind wandering, neuroscience, neurobiology, neurophysiology, neuropharmacology, genetics, epigenetics, cognitive science; Polysomnography, EEG, brain imaging; Global, local sleep
Parasomnia; Disorders of arousal; Sleepwalking (somnambulism); Night terrors; Confusional arousals; Sleep-related sexual behaviour aka "sexsomnia"; Sleep-related eating disorder; Sleep driving; REM behaviour disorder; Nightmares; Sleep paralysis
Insomnia; Insomnia Disorder; Sleep state misperception; Comorbid; Treatment modalities; Pharmacotherapy; Cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia (methods: personal, group, online); Dissociation (subjective and objective measures)
* Boundary conditions, other disorders, performance and measures
Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations; Dream enactment; Lucid dreaming; Sleep drunkeness; Segmented sleep; Polyphasic sleep, PVT; Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, PTSD; Cortisol awakening; Heart rate variability; Melatonin
Types of papers
We accept theoretical and applied scientific papers which can be presented as original research papers and review papers. The required length of the full chapters is 16-20 pages.
Some of the authors contributing to this book so far:
Dr. Olivier Pallanca
UniversitÃ© Pierre et Marie Curie, France
Dr. Metlaine Arnaud
Université René Descartes (Paris V), France
Dr. Alberto De La Herran-Arita
Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa, Mexico
Associate Prof. Osamu Itani
Oita University, Japan
Associate Prof. Mohd Siddiqui
Integral University, India
Dr. Shuqin Zhan
Capital University of Medical Sciences, China
- Show more contributing authors
Publishing process steps and dates
To view each of the process steps in detail, please click on the date or the question mark sign.
- Acceptance of the invitation sent by e-mail and online registration More info
- Chapter proposal submission Jan 31, 2017 More info
- Chapter proposal review More info
- Full chapter submission Apr 29, 2017 More info
- Editorial review More info
- Payment of Article Processing Charge (APC) May 29, 2017 More info
- To accept this invitation and to start the publishing process for the book "Parasomnias and Insomnias - Sleep Disorders", please fill in the registration form
- You have been nominated to participate based on your expertise in the field and we believe that you might have something new and original to share with the scientific world. By accepting the invitation you are registered as a potential author for our new book project.
- The chapter proposal gives a general overview of the content covered in the full chapter. The chapter proposal form can be downloaded on the Author Panel page.
** possible deadline extension 2 weeks
- The Book Editor reviews all chapter proposals, decides which topics to focus on or change to better suit the book and selects manuscripts with a high degree of relevance and a bearing on developments in the field.
- Authors whose chapter proposals get accepted are informed that they can proceed to write and submit the complete chapter following the publisher's Author Guidelines.
- Book Editor reviews the full chapters, screens them for plagiarism, evaluates their scientific merit, and ultimately decides whether they are suitable for inclusion in a book or not. He/she has the possibility of accepting, rejecting, and suggesting revisions of the full chapter.
- The APC cost makes all the content Open Access and is payable by the author, their institution or funder.
- All of the chapters are sent to language copyediting and technical editing. This services are included in the APC.
- Your chapter is published online as soon as production is completed, allowing your work to immediately begin collecting citations and downloads while the rest of the book is being completed.
- The book is published online on our website and promoted around the web in major search engines, databases and online repositories.
- You can order print copies of your book.
* InTechOpen regularly submits its books for evaluation and coverage in the Book Citation Index in the Web of Science™ Core Collection (BKCI). BKCI is a part of Web of Science Core Collection (WoSCC) together with SCI Expanded, SSCI, AHCI and other databases. Books that successfully pass the evaluation process will subsequently be indexed in the BKCI.
InTechOpen Open Access benefits
Open Access enables higher visibility, usage, citation and impact of authors’ work.
+44,000 +92 million +570,000WOS CITATIONS TOTAL DOWNLOADS READERS/MONTH
- Opportunity to collaborate with international scholars
- Readership statistics and chapter usage milestones
- Retain copyright to your published chapter
- Adherence to publishing standards and publication ethics (COPE) and iThenticate plagiarism check
- Full PDF versions of your book
- Exclusive author promotion: order your book and get one print copy free
- Create your author profile and learn how to promote your book through social media
Open Access Article Processing Charge
The Article Processing Charge (APC) is 690 EUR per chapter.
This is not a submission fee. Authors or their institutions/funding bodies will need to pay the APC only if the full chapter is accepted for publication. The APC covers:
- Personal contact and support during the publishing process
- Online manuscript tracking system to facilitate your work
- English language copyediting - correction of grammatical, spelling, and other common errors
- Indexing and listing across all major repositories
- Discoverability - electronic citation and linking via DOI
- XML Typesetting and pagination - web (PDF, HTML) and print files preparation
- Permanent and unrestricted online access to your work
The price does not include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Residents of European Union countries need to add VAT based on their specific country rate. EU based institutions, paying fees on your behalf, will not pay VAT by providing InTechOpen with their VAT registration number. This is made possible by the EU reverse charge method.
Institutions and foundations with Open Access funding
Many institutions and foundations have their own Open Access funds that can be used by authors to cover publication fees. For an overview of available funding per country, see the complete list here.