Medicine » Urology and Nephrology
- The Latest in Peritoneal Dialysis
Abelardo Aguilera Peralta
114 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6093 times.
- This book summarizes the advances and new concepts introduced in the last years on peritoneal dialysis (PD) and its complications. PD therapy is a renal replacement peritoneal membrane using a semi-permeable barrier to liquids and solutes. The abdomi ...
880 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 63453 times.
- In this special issue, reviews of various aspects of HD therapy were submitted from both groups. In particular, various methods for vascular access were discussed by many contributors. From these reviews, the reader will gain precious hints and sugge ...
- Current Issues and Future Direction in Kidney Transplantation
490 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 31433 times.
- The here presented book covers different areas of clinical and scientific interest, reaching from donor evaluation to newest methods in immunological diagnostics. But also aspects of daily care of transplant recipients can be found in the carefully s ...
- Current Concepts in Kidney Transplantation
Sandip Kapur, Cheguevara Afaneh and Meredith J. Aull
328 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 19674 times.
- Despite significant accomplishments to date, kidney transplantation is a relatively young field in medicine. Due to the armamentarium of agents available to effectively suppress the immune system, the past decade has seen a shift in focus from preve ...
- Diabetic Nephropathy
John S. D. Chan
176 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 17298 times.
- Internationally renowned experts have provided data on their own studies, and discuss the relative usefulness of their work in relation to diabetic nephropathy. The first section describes the novel role of intrarenal renin-angiotensin-aldosterone sy ...
- Urinary Incontinence
330 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 37502 times.
- Management strategies are framed within a multidisciplinary team structure and as such a range of specialists ranging from psychologists, specialist nurses, gynaecologists and urologists author the chapters. There are some novel methods outlined by t ...
- Chronic Kidney Disease
456 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 88877 times.
- Chronic kidney disease is an increasing health and economical problem in our world. Obesity and diabetes mellitus, the two most common cause of CKD, are becoming epidemic in our societies. Education on healthy lifestyle and diet is becoming more and ...
- Diseases of Renal Parenchyma
314 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 33872 times.
- Clinical nephrology is an evolving speciality in which the amount of information is growing daily. This book gives quick access to some important clinical conditions encountered in nephrology including the diseases of glomeruli, tubules and interstit ...