Medicine » Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Liver Regeneration
Pedro M. Baptista
252 pages, May, 2012
- Doctors and scientists have been aware of the "phenomenom" of liver regeneration since the time of the ancient Greeks, illustrated by the mythic tale of Prometheus' punishment. Nevertheless, true insight into its intricate mechanisms have only become ...
- Infrared Spectroscopy - Life and Biomedical Sciences
368 pages, April, 2012
- This informative and state-of-the art book on Infrared Spectroscopy in Life sciences designed for researchers, academics as well as for those working in industry, agriculture and in pharmaceutical companies features 20 chapters of applications of MIR ...
- Bone Regeneration
340 pages, April, 2012
- Bone is a specialized connective tissue, most prominently characterized by its mineralized organic matrix that imparts the physical properties that allow bone tissue to resist load, to support functional organs, and to protect highly sensitive body p ...
200 pages, March, 2012
- Comprehensive and systematic scientific researches in cell biology and molecular biology have promoted the evolution of traditional medicine. Scientists are now able to interpret a few perplexed medical difficulties with the emphasis on molecular lev ...
- Advances in Regenerative Medicine
404 pages, November, 2011
- Even if the origins of regenerative medicine can be found in Greek mythology, as attested by the story of Prometheus, the Greek god whose immortal liver was feasted on day after day by Zeus' eagle; many challenges persist in order to successfully reg ...
- On Biomimetics
Assoc. Lilyana D. Pramatarova
642 pages, August, 2011
- Bio-mimicry is fundamental idea "How to mimic the Nature" by various methodologies as well as new ideas or suggestions on the creation of novel materials and functions. This book comprises seven sections on various perspectives of bio-mimicry in our ...
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering - Cells and Biomaterials
588 pages, August, 2011
- Tissue Engineering may offer new treatment alternatives for organ replacement or repair deteriorated organs. Among the clinical applications of Tissue Engineering are the production of artificial skin for burn patients, tissue engineered trachea, ca ...
- Tissue Engineering for Tissue and Organ Regeneration
454 pages, August, 2011
- Tissue Engineering may offer new treatment alternatives for organ replacement or repair deteriorated organs. Among the clinical applications of Tissue Engineering are the production of artificial skin for burn patients, tissue engineered trachea, car ...