Medicine » Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Cells and Biomaterials in Regenerative Medicine
382 pages, November, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3918 times.
- This book serves as a good starting point for anyone interested in the application of tissue engineering. It offers a colorful mix of topics, which explain the obstacles and possible solutions for TE applications. The first part covers the use of adu ...
- New Trends in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine - Official Book of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine
Hideharu Hibi and Minoru Ueda
130 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3088 times.
- This book is an edited collection of all the achievements of the main members of the Dental Division of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine, which derives from the Japanese Forum for Regenerative Dentistry established in 2003. Scientific m ...
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering
Jose A. Andrades
866 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 55471 times.
- Few events in science have captured the same level of sustained interest and imagination of the nonscientific community as Stem Cells, Tissue Engineering, and Regenerative Medicine. The fundamental concept of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medic ...
- Liver Regeneration
Pedro M. Baptista
262 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 31334 times.
- Doctors and scientists have been aware of the "phenomenom" of liver regeneration since the time of the ancient Greeks, illustrated by the mythic tale of Prometheus' punishment. Nevertheless, true insight into its intricate mechanisms have only become ...
- Infrared Spectroscopy - Life and Biomedical Sciences
378 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 47679 times.
- This informative and state-of-the art book on Infrared Spectroscopy in Life sciences designed for researchers, academics as well as for those working in industry, agriculture and in pharmaceutical companies features 20 chapters of applications of MIR ...
- Bone Regeneration
340 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 55701 times.
- Bone is a specialized connective tissue, most prominently characterized by its mineralized organic matrix that imparts the physical properties that allow bone tissue to resist load, to support functional organs, and to protect highly sensitive body p ...
- Advances in Regenerative Medicine
416 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 44566 times.
- Even if the origins of regenerative medicine can be found in Greek mythology, as attested by the story of Prometheus, the Greek god whose immortal liver was feasted on day after day by Zeus' eagle; many challenges persist in order to successfully reg ...
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering - Cells and Biomaterials
602 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 123700 times.
- Tissue Engineering may offer new treatment alternatives for organ replacement or repair deteriorated organs. Among the clinical applications of Tissue Engineering are the production of artificial skin for burn patients, tissue engineered trachea, ca ...