Medicine » Stem Cell Research
- Stem Cell Biology in Normal Life and Diseases
185 pages, May, 2013
- Stem cells have a prominent role in normal life and also in pathogenesis of disorders. Today, these cells are clinically applicable in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation but expansion of their application in many more disorders needs more work. ...
- Innovations in Stem Cell Transplantation
370 pages, February, 2013
- This book documents the increased number of stem cell related research, basic and clinical applications as well as views for the future. The book covers a wide range of issues related to new developments and innovations in cell-based therapies con ...
- Autoimmune Diseases - Contributing Factors, Specific Cases of Autoimmune Diseases, and Stem Cell and Other Therapies
392 pages, July, 2012
- Autoimmune disease represents a group of more than 60 different chronic autoimmune diseases that affect approximately 6% of the population. Autoimmune diseases arise when ones immune system actively targets and destroys self tissue resulting in clini ...
- Liver Regeneration
Pedro M. Baptista
252 pages, May, 2012
- Doctors and scientists have been aware of the "phenomenom" of liver regeneration since the time of the ancient Greeks, illustrated by the mythic tale of Prometheus' punishment. Nevertheless, true insight into its intricate mechanisms have only become ...
- Embryology - Updates and Highlights on Classic Topics
Luis Antonio Violin Pereira
222 pages, March, 2012
- Embryology is a branch of science concerned with the morphological aspects of organismal development. The genomic and molecular revolution of the second half of the 20th century, together with the classic descriptive aspects of this science have allo ...
- New Advances in Stem Cell Transplantation
582 pages, February, 2012
- This book documents the increased number of stem cell-related research, clinical applications, and views for the future. The book covers a wide range of issues in cell-based therapy and regenerative medicine, and includes clinical and preclinical c ...
- Neural Stem Cells and Therapy
440 pages, February, 2012
- This book is a collective work of international experts in the neural stem cell field. The book incorporates the characterization of embryonic and adult neural stem cells in both invertebrates and vertebrates. It highlights the history and the most ...
- Advancements in Tumor Immunotherapy and Cancer Vaccines
218 pages, February, 2012
- Harnessing the potential of the human body's own immune system to attack malignant tumor cells has been the goal of many scientific investigators in recent years, with advances in cancer biology and immunology enabling cancer immunotherapy to become ...