Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Soil Fertility
Roland Nuhu Issaka
250 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 21996 times.
- Soil Fertility book presents nine chapters written by renowned soil fertility experts from Africa, Asia and South America. The book is divided into two sections. Section 1, Biological Processes and Integration of Inorganic and Organic Fertilizers for ...
- Research on Soil Erosion
Danilo Godone, Silvia Stanchi
200 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15369 times.
- Soil loss for erosion is a natural phenomenon in soil dynamics, influenced by climate, soil intrinsic properties, and morphology, that can both trigger and enhance the process. Anthropic activities, like inappropriate agricultural practices, deforest ...
- Drainage Systems
Muhammad Salik Javaid
252 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30050 times.
- The subject of 'drainage: draining the water off' is as important as 'irrigation: application of water', if not more. 'Drainage' has a deep impact on food security, agricultural activity, hygiene and sanitation, municipal usage, land reclamation and ...
- Soil Fertility Improvement and Integrated Nutrient Management - A Global Perspective
Joann K. Whalen
318 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 45266 times.
- Soil Fertility Improvement and Integrated Nutrient Management: A Global Perspective presents 15 invited chapters written by leading soil fertility experts. The book is organized around three themes. The first theme is Soil Mapping and Soil Fertility ...
- Soil Health and Land Use Management
Maria C. Hernandez-Soriano
344 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 53594 times.
- Soils play multiple roles in the quality of life throughout the world, not only as the resource for food production, but also as the support for our structures, the environment, the medium for waste disposal, water, and the storage of nutrients. A he ...
- Principles, Application and Assessment in Soil Science
E. Burcu Özkaraova Güngör
406 pages, December, 2011
All chapters downloaded 57834 times.
- Our dependence on soil, and our curiosity about it, is leading to the investigation of changes within soil processes. Furthermore, the diversity and dynamics of soil are enabling new discoveries and insights, which help us to understand the variation ...
- Hydraulic Conductivity - Issues, Determination and Applications
446 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 76782 times.
- There are several books on broad aspects of hydrogeology, groundwater hydrology and geohydrology, which do not discuss in detail on the intrigues of hydraulic conductivity elaborately. However, this book on Hydraulic Conductivity presents comprehensi ...
- Soil Erosion Studies
Danilo Godone and Silvia Stanchi
332 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 58280 times.
- Soil erosion affects a large part of the Earth surface, and accelerated soil erosion is recognized as one of the main soil threats, compromising soil productive and protective functions. The land management in areas affected by soil erosion is a rele ...