- Parenting in South American and African Contexts
Maria Lucia Seidl-de-Moura
182 pages, December, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6162 times.
- Parenting involves a set of values, beliefs and practices of child care that create a developmental context and vary from culture to culture. Studies about parenting are of fundamental importance to the understanding of human development. This book h ...
- Approaches to Disaster Management - Examining the Implications of Hazards, Emergencies and Disasters
228 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 17492 times.
- Approaches to Disaster Management regards critical disaster management issues. Ten original research reports by international scholars centered on disaster management are organized into three general areas of hazards and disaster management. The fi ...
- Application of Geographic Information Systems
Bhuiyan Monwar Alam
384 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 62742 times.
- The importance of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can hardly be overemphasized in today’s academic and professional arena. More professionals and academics have been using GIS than ever – urban & regional planners, civil engineers, geographe ...
- Social Sciences and Cultural Studies - Issues of Language, Public Opinion, Education and Welfare
520 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 41627 times.
- This is a unique and groundbreaking collection of questions and answers coming from higher education institutions on diverse fields and across a wide spectrum of countries and cultures. It creates routes for further innovation, collaboration amidst t ...
158 pages, June, 2012
All chapters downloaded 14317 times.
- It is our hope that this collection will give readers a sense of the type of metaphysical investigations that are now being carried out by thinkers in the Western nations. We also hope that the reader's curiosity will be peaked so that further inquir ...
- Archaeology, New Approaches in Theory and Techniques
304 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 31734 times.
- The contents of this book show the implementation of new methodologies applied to archaeological sites. Chapters have been grouped in four sections: New Approaches About Archaeological Theory and Methodology; The Use of Geophysics on Archaeological F ...
- Sociological Landscape - Theories, Realities and Trends
428 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 58848 times.
- More than the usual academic textbook, the present volume presents sociology as terrain that one can virtually traverse and experience. Each version of the sociological imagination captured by the chapter essays takes the readers to the realm of the ...
- Polyphonic Anthropology - Theoretical and Empirical Cross-Cultural Fieldwork
256 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 26495 times.
- This book connects anthropology and polyphony: a composition that multiplies the researcher's glance, the style of representation, the narrative presence of subjectivities. Polyphonic anthropology is presenting a complex of bio-physical and psycho-cu ...