Social Sciences and Humanities
- Applications of Contemporary Management Approaches in Supply Chains
Hakan Tozan and Alper Erturk
166 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 770 times.
- In today's rapidly changing business environment, strong influence of globalization and information technologies drives practitioners and researchers of modern supply chain management, who are interested in applying different contemporary management ...
- Entrepreneurship Education and Training
Jose C. Sanchez-Garcia
290 pages, March, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1575 times.
- Entrepreneurship has a tremendous impact on the economic development of a country, so much that entrepreneurship is seen as a solution for the fast changing economic demands worldwide and has been recognized as a path to sustainable economic developm ...
- Parenting in South American and African Contexts
Maria Lucia Seidl-de-Moura
182 pages, December, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6158 times.
- Parenting involves a set of values, beliefs and practices of child care that create a developmental context and vary from culture to culture. Studies about parenting are of fundamental importance to the understanding of human development. This book h ...
- Approaches to Disaster Management - Examining the Implications of Hazards, Emergencies and Disasters
228 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 17482 times.
- Approaches to Disaster Management regards critical disaster management issues. Ten original research reports by international scholars centered on disaster management are organized into three general areas of hazards and disaster management. The fi ...
- Game Theory Relaunched
356 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 31735 times.
- The game is on. Do you know how to play? Game theory sets out to explore what can be said about making decisions which go beyond accepting the rules of a game. Since 1942, a well elaborated mathematical apparatus has been developed to do so; but ther ...
- Current Topics in Children's Learning and Cognition
Heidi Kloos, Bradley J. Morris and Joseph L. Amaral
160 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 18243 times.
- As a whole, the essays in this book address theoretical and empirical issues related to children's learning and cognition. The first essay, titled Learning in Cognitive Niches, treats the process of sense making on a theoretical level, discussing the ...
- Application of Geographic Information Systems
Bhuiyan Monwar Alam
384 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 62715 times.
- The importance of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can hardly be overemphasized in today’s academic and professional arena. More professionals and academics have been using GIS than ever – urban & regional planners, civil engineers, geographe ...
- Social Sciences and Cultural Studies - Issues of Language, Public Opinion, Education and Welfare
520 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 41600 times.
- This is a unique and groundbreaking collection of questions and answers coming from higher education institutions on diverse fields and across a wide spectrum of countries and cultures. It creates routes for further innovation, collaboration amidst t ...