- COPD Clinical Perspectives
Ralph J. Panos
206 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3247 times.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an increasingly recognized cause of morbidity and mortality. Over the next 10 years, deaths due to COPD are expected to increase by 30% and, by 2030, COPD is estimated to be the third leading cause of ...
- Lung Inflammation
Kian Chung Ong
118 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 1448 times.
- In order to perform its function in gas exchange, the lungs and all components of the respiratory system are constantly exposed to pathogens, toxins, pollutants, irritants, and allergens in the environment. Lung inflammation involves an array of mech ...
298 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15034 times.
- More than 130 years have passed since the first description of sarcoid lesions by Sir Jonathan Hutchinson, but the cause of this systemic granulomatous disease is still unknown. Sarcoidosis remains a somewhat mysterious disease because many patients ...
- Oncogenesis, Inflammatory and Parasitic Tropical Diseases of the Lung
166 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7558 times.
- In this book dealing with the lung health, the authors focus on various fields, spreading from pulmonary oncogenesis, to inflammatory and parasitic lung diseases. The first section deals with the fundamental research on lung cancer that is mandatory ...
- Respiratory Disease and Infection - A New Insight
Bassam H. Mahboub
260 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14929 times.
- Medicine is an ever-changing science. Every day we are encountered with the new developments and knowledge in the pathogenesis, mechanism of disease, newer diagnostic modalities, treatment options and new challenges in the management of the various d ...
- Global Perspectives on Bronchoscopy
Sai Praveen Haranath and Samiya Razvi
252 pages, June, 2012
All chapters downloaded 35100 times.
- Bronchoscopy has become an essential part of modern medicine . Recent advances in technology have allowed integration of ultrasound with this tool. The use of lasers along with bronchoscopes has increased the therapeutic utility of this device. Globa ...
142 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 21012 times.
- Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an important cause of morbidity and mortality world-wide. The most common cause is chronic cigarette smoke inhalation which results in a chronic progressive debilitating lung disease with systemic invol ...
- Cystic Fibrosis - Renewed Hopes Through Research
562 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 54446 times.
- Living healthy is all one wants, but the genetics behind creation of every human is different. As a curse or human agony, some are born with congenital defects in their menu of the genome. Just one has to live with that! The complexity of cystic fibr ...