- Tuberculosis - Expanding Knowledge
238 pages, July, 2015
All chapters downloaded 452 times.
- Progress obtained by mycobacteriology in recent years is undeniable with regards to preventing, detecting, and treating cases of tuberculosis, millennial disease that is still present as public health issue worldwide. We present here high-impact rese ...
- Mammography Techniques and Review
Fabiano Cavalcanti Fernandes, Lourdes Mattos Brasil and Renato da Veiga Guadagnin
120 pages, July, 2015
All chapters downloaded 220 times.
- Mammography remains at the backbone of medical tools to examine the human breast. The early detection of breast cancer typically uses adjunct tests to mammogram such as ultrasound, positron emission mammography, electrical impedance, Computer-aided d ...
- Topics in Public Health
306 pages, June, 2015
All chapters downloaded 567 times.
- Public health has been defined as the efforts of a community that allow a population to remain healthy. This definition is very inclusive, so elements of clinical care, health promotion and many other fields contribute to the larger discipline of pub ...
- Current Topics in Public Health
Alfonso J. Rodriguez-Morales
742 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 33366 times.
- Public Health is regarded as the basis and cornerstone of health, generally and in medicine. Defined as the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, org ...
- Sexual Dimorphism
150 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15073 times.
- Sexual Dimorphism- Various biological studies on the subject of sex differences have been published. The subjects of these studies are not only humans, but also other mammals, birds, amphibians, insects, extending to ostracoda in the Paleozoic era. ...
- Addictions - From Pathophysiology to Treatment
498 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 31645 times.
- Addiction, increasingly perceived as a heterogeneous brain disorder, is one of the most peculiar psychiatric pathologies in that its management involves various, often non-overlapping, resources from the biological, psychological, medical, economical ...
- Public Health - Methodology, Environmental and Systems Issues
444 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 36602 times.
- Public health can be thought of as a series of complex systems. Many things that individual living in high income countries take for granted like the control of infectious disease, clean, potable water, low infant mortality rates require a high funct ...
- Public Health - Social and Behavioral Health
582 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 61364 times.
- Human behavior accounts for the majority of morbidity and premature mortality throughout the world. This book explores several areas of human behavior including physical activity, nutrition and food, addictive substances, gun violence, sexual transmi ...