- Current Topics in Public Health
Alfonso J. Rodriguez-Morales
742 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 32725 times.
- Public Health is regarded as the basis and cornerstone of health, generally and in medicine. Defined as the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the organized efforts and informed choices of society, org ...
- Sexual Dimorphism
150 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14633 times.
- Sexual Dimorphism- Various biological studies on the subject of sex differences have been published. The subjects of these studies are not only humans, but also other mammals, birds, amphibians, insects, extending to ostracoda in the Paleozoic era. ...
- Addictions - From Pathophysiology to Treatment
498 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30867 times.
- Addiction, increasingly perceived as a heterogeneous brain disorder, is one of the most peculiar psychiatric pathologies in that its management involves various, often non-overlapping, resources from the biological, psychological, medical, economical ...
- Public Health - Methodology, Environmental and Systems Issues
444 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 35795 times.
- Public health can be thought of as a series of complex systems. Many things that individual living in high income countries take for granted like the control of infectious disease, clean, potable water, low infant mortality rates require a high funct ...
- The Continuum of Health Risk Assessments
Michael G. Tyshenko
208 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 12222 times.
- This book presents a collection of health risk assessments for known and emerging hazards that span a continuum. Case studies for existing health risks include psychoactive drug usage in delivery truck drivers and using look-back risk assessment for ...
- Public Health - Social and Behavioral Health
582 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 58763 times.
- Human behavior accounts for the majority of morbidity and premature mortality throughout the world. This book explores several areas of human behavior including physical activity, nutrition and food, addictive substances, gun violence, sexual transmi ...
- Primary Care at a Glance - Hot Topics and New Insights
458 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 55808 times.
- "Both among scientists and clinical practitioners, some find it easier to rely upon trivial explanations, while others never stop looking for answers".
With these surprising words, Augusto Murri, an Italian master in clinical medicine, reminds us th ...
- Epidemiology Insights
Maria de Lourdes Ribeiro de Souza da Cunha
406 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 44828 times.
- This book represents an overview on the diverse threads of epidemiological research, brings together the expertise and enthusiasm of an international panel of leading researchers to provide a state-of-the art overview of the field. Topics include the ...