- Histopathology - Reviews and Recent Advances
Enrique Poblet Martinez
284 pages, December, 2012
- This edition aims to present some relevant topics in the histopathology area that may be of interest for medical doctors and for other professionals interested in pathology. Histopathology applies basic knowledge obtained from biologic and anatomic s ...
- Topics in Renal Biopsy and Pathology
Muhammed Mubarak and Javed I. Kazi
284 pages, April, 2012
- There is no dearth of high-quality books on renal biopsy and pathology in the market. These are either single author or multi-author books, written by world authorities in their respective areas, mostly from the developed world. The vast scholarly p ...
- Hematology - Science and Practice
Charles H. Lawrie
596 pages, March, 2012
- Hematology encompasses the physiology and pathology of blood and of the blood-forming organs. In common with other areas of medicine, the pace of change in hematology has been breathtaking over recent years. There are now many treatment options avail ...
- Muscle Biopsy
154 pages, January, 2012
- Investigation of muscle diseases has changed dramatically with the understanding of genetic basis of a wide range of muscle diseases. Muscle biopsy has become a powerful tool not only to provide diagnosis but to make tissue available for genetic stud ...
- Prostate Biopsy
Nabil Kaddis Bissada
134 pages, December, 2011
- Prostate Biopsy represents the standard procedure for diagnosing Prostate Cancer. This procedure can be performed transrectally, through perineum or occasionally through the urethra. Although the procedures of Prostate Biopsy are covered in numerous ...
- Diabetes - Damages and Treatments
Everlon Cid Rigobelo
348 pages, November, 2011
- Over the last few decades the prevalence of diabetes has dramatically grown in most regions of the world. In 2010, 285 million people were diagnosed with diabetes and it is estimated that the number will increase to 438 million in 2030. Hypoglycemia ...
- Hypoglycemia - Causes and Occurrences
Everlon Cid Rigobelo
238 pages, October, 2011
- Glucose is an essential metabolic substrate of all mammalian cells being the major carbohydrate presented to the cell for energy production and also many other anabolic requirements. Hypoglycemia is a disorder where the glucose serum concentration i ...
- Amyloidosis - Mechanisms and Prospects for Therapy
216 pages, September, 2011
- Amyloidoses are a heterogeneous group of diverse etiology diseases. They are characterized by an endogenous production of abnormal proteins called amyloid proteins, which are not hydrosoluble, form depots in various organs and tissue of animals and h ...