- Cancer Treatment - Conventional and Innovative Approaches
618 pages, May, 2013
- Cancer Treatment: Conventional and Innovative Approaches is an attempt to integrate into a book volume the various aspects of cancer treatment, compiling comprehensive reviews written by an international team of experts in the field. The volume is pr ...
- Human Papillomavirus and Related Diseases From Bench to Bedside A Diagnostic and Preventive Perspective
Davy Vanden Broeck
325 pages, April, 2013
- Cervical cancer is the second most prevalent cancer among women worldwide, and infection with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) has been identified as the causal agent for this condition. The natural history of cervical cancer is characterized by slow dise ...
- Clinical Epidemiology of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - From the Molecules to the Clinic
Juan Manuel Mejia-Arangure
332 pages, April, 2013
- This book describes different perspectives of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The approach includes aspects of molecular epidemiology, particularly molecular features that influence the genesis and prognosis of the disease.
Some aspects of t ...
- Highlights in Skin Cancer
299 pages, April, 2013
- Highlights in Skincancer is a companion handbook published expressly for all the practitionners who are interested in skin cancers: medical oncologists and dermatologists but also residents, general practitionners, surgeons, plastic surgeons. The boo ...
- Clinical Management and Evolving Novel Therapeutic Strategies for Patients with Brain Tumors
642 pages, April, 2013
- A dramatic increase in knowledge regarding the molecular biology of brain tumors has been established over the past few years, and this has lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for these patients. In this book a review of the opti ...
- Future Aspects of Tumor Suppressor Gene
221 pages, April, 2013
- Tumor suppressor genes (TSGs) and their signaling networks are fast growing areas in current biomedical science. These groups of genes, which are not limited to tumor suppression, play critical roles in many cellular activities. This book, "Future As ...
- Liver Tumors - Epidemiology, Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment
Helen Reeves, Derek M. Manas and Rajiv Lochan
175 pages, April, 2013
- The prognosis for individuals with liver cancer is frequently poor. Cancers include those which have metastasized to the liver from elsewhere, reflecting advanced stage disease where cure is rarely possible. Similarly, primary liver cancer frequently ...
- Trends in Cell Signaling Pathways in Neuronal Fate Decision
358 pages, March, 2013
- During the last decades, numerous studies about stem cells and regenerative medicine highlighted new therapeutic approaches to treat several neurological disorders. It is noteworthy that the current optimism over potential stem cell therapies is dri ...