- Contemporary Issues in Head and Neck Cancer Management
Loredana G. Marcu
178 pages, July, 2015
All chapters downloaded 162 times.
- While the management of head and neck cancer has evolved over the last few decades, there are still several challenges and unanswered questions that need solutions. This book is a small compilation of some topical aspects regarding head and neck canc ...
- Melanoma - Current Clinical Management and Future Therapeutics
410 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1252 times.
- Melanoma - Current Clinical Management and Future Therapeutics serves as an advanced course in melanoma or an addendum to further polish expertise. Sections of the book include a thorough introduction on epidemiology and disease, the current surgical ...
- A Concise Review of Molecular Pathology of Breast Cancer
232 pages, March, 2015
All chapters downloaded 994 times.
- Cancer is one of the leading causes of death in most countries and its consequences result in huge economic, social and psychological burden. Breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer type and the leading cause of cancer death among femal ...
- Molecular Considerations and Evolving Surgical Management Issues in the Treatment of Patients with a Brain Tumor
432 pages, March, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1603 times.
- A dramatic increase in knowledge regarding the molecular biology of brain tumors has been established over the past few years. In particular, recent new avenues regarding the role of microRNAs along with further understanding of the importance of an ...
- Tumors of the Central Nervous System - Primary and Secondary
Lee Roy Morgan
270 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2220 times.
- A novel concept that is reviewed and discussed in several chapters in the book alludes to the transport of drugs bound to red blood cells into the highly vascular CNS tumors - both primary and metastatic. Such a transport mechanism is unique and of s ...
- Pancreatic Cancer - Insights into Molecular Mechanisms and Novel Approaches to Early Detection and Treatment
196 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2481 times.
- This book provides the reader with an update on recent findings related to the molecular basis for the development and progression of pancreatic cancer. This book also informs the reader about the link between obesity and pancreatic cancer, and how a ...
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma - Future Outlook
Ahmed O. Kaseb
330 pages, October, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8241 times.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) develops as a consequence of underlying chronic liver disease, most commonly cirrhosis. Therefore, HCC management draws on the expertise of a range of medical specialists. Many components of current novel therapeutic m ...
- Frontiers in Radiation Oncology
226 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 10491 times.
- The mode of action by radiation is postulated to be the production of double strand breaks of DNA. The repair of double strand breaks occurs through non homologous end joining through acetylation of histone proteins by histone acetyltransferases ( ...