Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Climate Variability - Regional and Thematic Patterns
214 pages, August, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7954 times.
- As societies transition to evidence-based adaptation and management there is increasing recognition of the need for understanding climate change and variability dynamics and impacts at regional levels and for various activities. This book is a contri ...
- Topics in Oceanography
164 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6615 times.
- Oceanography is the par excellence interdisciplinary science thanks to its peculiar setting within a fluid environment that makes connections extremely efficient. The oceans connections are well mirrored in the chapters of this book that share a quit ...
- Climate Change and Regional/Local Responses
Yuanzhi Zhang and Pallav Ray
256 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 13541 times.
- Climate Change - Realities, Impacts Over Ice Cap, Sea Level and Risks
Bharat Raj Singh
522 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 28843 times.
- The Earth is the only planet in our solar system that supports life. The complex process of evolution occurred on Earth only because of some unique environmental conditions that were present: water, an oxygen-rich atmosphere, and a suitable surface t ...
- Advances in Hurricane Research - Modelling, Meteorology, Preparedness and Impacts
206 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 9205 times.
- This book provides a wealth of new information, ideas and analysis on some of the key unknowns in hurricane research. Topics covered include the numerical prediction systems for tropical cyclone development, the use of remote sensing methods for trop ...
- Open Questions in Cosmology
Gonzalo J. Olmo
342 pages, November, 2012
All chapters downloaded 14913 times.
- In the last years we have witnessed how the field of Cosmology has experienced a metamorphosis. From being essentially the search for three numbers (the expansion rate, the deceleration parameter, and the cosmological constant), it has become a preci ...
- Atmospheric Aerosols - Regional Characteristics - Chemistry and Physics
490 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 26901 times.
- The book is divided into two sections. The first section presents characterization of atmospheric aerosols and their impact on regional climate from East Asia to the Pacific. Ground-based, air-born, and satellite data were collected and analyzed. Det ...
- Modern Metrology Concerns
470 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 31276 times.
- "What are the recent developments in the field of Metrology?" International leading experts answer this question providing both state of the art presentation and a road map to the future of measurement science. The book is organized in six sections a ...