Medicine » Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ovarian Cancer - A Clinical and Translational Update
371 pages, February, 2013
- "Ovarian Cancer: A Clinical and Translational Update" embraces the most recent advances in diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancer. With the valuable collaboration of international experts in the field, this book is intended to provide the readersh ...
180 pages, February, 2013
- This is a must-have book for those interested in reproduction. It provides a full account of our current knowledge of the hormones intimately associated with testicular and ovarian function. Each chapter is carefully organized to cover basic concepts ...
György M. Nagy and Bela E. Toth
230 pages, January, 2013
- Prolactin is a polypeptide hormone that is synthesized in and secreted from the lactotrophs of the anterior pituitary gland. We are now aware that synthesis and secretion of prolactin is not restricted to the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, but ...
- Enhancing Success of Assisted Reproduction
Atef M.M. Darwish
172 pages, November, 2012
- This small-sized book concentrates on highlighting some practical issues mainly related to infertility and assisted reproduction. You will find detailed answers for many controversial issues in this field.
- Probiotic in Animals
Everlon Cid Rigobelo
272 pages, October, 2012
- Over the last few decades the prevalence of studies about probiotics strains has dramatically grown in most regions of the world. The use of probiotics strains in animals production may reduce several problems caused by antibiotics therapy, growth pr ...
- Cesarean Delivery
200 pages, May, 2012
- This book provides broad, science-based information regarding the most common major surgical procedure performed, i.e. Cesarean Delivery. The book provides relevant scientific literature regarding epidemiology and rates of cesarean delivery in low an ...
- Endometriosis - Basic Concepts and Current Research Trends
Koel Chaudhury and Baidyanath Chakravarty
490 pages, May, 2012
- This book provides an insight into the emerging trends in pathogenesis, diagnosis and management of endometriosis. Key features of the book include overviews of endometriosis; endometrial angiogenesis, stem cells involvement, immunological and hormon ...
Ayman Al-Hendy and Mohamed Sabry
426 pages, April, 2012
- This book is intended for the general and family practitioners, as well as for gynecologists, specialists in gynecological surgery, general surgeons, urologists and all other surgical specialists that perform procedures in or around the female pelvis ...