Computer and Information Science
- MATLAB Applications for the Practical Engineer
664 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 28202 times.
- MATLAB is an indispensable asset for scientists, researchers, and engineers. The richness of the MATLAB computational environment combined with an integrated development environment (IDE) and straightforward interface, toolkits, and simulation and mo ...
- Computational and Numerical Simulations
475 pages, February, 2014
All chapters downloaded 9261 times.
- Computational and Numerical Simulations is an edited book including 20 chapters. Book handles the recent research devoted to numerical simulations of physical and engineering systems. It presents both new theories and their applications, showing bri ...
- Holography - Basic Principles and Contemporary Applications
390 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 23526 times.
- Holography - Basic Principles and Contemporary Applications is a collection of fifteen chapters, describing the basic principles of holography and some recent innovative developments in the field. The book is divided into three sections. The first, U ...
- Emerging Applications of Cellular Automata
204 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 8258 times.
- Cellular automata have become a core subject in the sciences of complexity due to their conceptual simplicity, easiness of implementation for computer simulation, and ability to exhibit a wide variety of amazingly complex behavior. These features of ...
- Ant Colony Optimization - Techniques and Applications
Helio J.C. Barbosa
212 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 19727 times.
- Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) is the best example of how studies aimed at understanding and modeling the behavior of ants and other social insects can provide inspiration for the development of computational algorithms for the solution of difficult m ...
- Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics and Other Applications
Donna Post Guillen
200 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 10930 times.
- This book includes contributions from researchers around the world on numerical developments and applications to predict fluid flow and heat transfer, with an emphasis on thermal hydraulics computational fluid dynamics. Our ability to simulate larger ...
- Discrete Wavelet Transforms - A Compendium of New Approaches and Recent Applications
Awad Kh. Al - Asmari
232 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16061 times.
- Discrete Wavelet Transform is a wavelet (DWT) transform that is widely used in numerical and functional analysis. Its key advantage over more traditional transforms, such as the Fourier transform, lies in its ability to offer temporal resolution, i.e ...
- Artificial Neural Networks - Architectures and Applications
264 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 53153 times.
- Artificial neural networks may probably be the single most successful technology in the last two decades which has been widely used in a large variety of applications. The purpose of this book is to provide recent advances of architectures, methodol ...