- Advances in the Preclinical Study of Ischemic Stroke
544 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 38453 times.
- This book reports innovations in the preclinical study of stroke, including - novel tools and findings in animal models of stroke, - novel biochemical mechanisms through which ischemic damage may be both generated and limited, - novel pathways to ne ...
- Neuroscience - Dealing With Frontiers
Carlos M. Contreras
440 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 48814 times.
- The Neuronal Doctrine recently reached its 100th year and together with the development of psychopharmacology by the middle of 20th century promoted spectacular developments in the knowledge of the biological bases of behavior. The overwhelming amoun ...
- Brain Damage - Bridging Between Basic Research and Clinics
294 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 44133 times.
- "Brain Damage - Bridging Between Basic Research and Clinics" represents a collection of papers in an attempt to provide an up-to-date approach to the fascinating topic of brain damage in different pathological situations, combining the authors' perso ...
- Can't Sleep? Issues of Being an Insomniac
120 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 19651 times.
- The word insomnia originates from the Latin "in" (no) and "somnus" (sleep). It is a disorder characterized by an inability to sleep or a complete lack of sleep. Various studies have noted insomnia to be quite a common condition, with symptoms present ...
- Brain Injury - Functional Aspects, Rehabilitation and Prevention
236 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 40364 times.
- The present two volume book "Brain Injury" is distinctive in its presentation and includes a wealth of updated information on many aspects in the field of brain injury. The Book is devoted to the pathogenesis of brain injury, concepts in cerebral blo ...
- Meningiomas - Management and Surgery
146 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 30542 times.
- This book is aimed at neurosurgeons with an interest in updating their knowledge on the latest state of meningiomas surgery and management. The book is focused at performing a portrait of that what is state of the art in management of meningiomas. Al ...
- When Things Go Wrong - Diseases and Disorders of the Human Brain
250 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 25668 times.
- In this book we have experts writing on various neuroscience topics ranging from mental illness, syndromes, compulsive disorders, brain cancer and advances in therapies and imaging techniques. Although diverse, the topics provide an overview of an ar ...
Luiz E. Imbelloni and Marildo A. Gouveia
100 pages, February, 2012
All chapters downloaded 126475 times.
- Paresthesias are spontaneous or evoked abnormal sensations of tingling, burning, pricking, or numbness of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect. Patients generally describe a lancinating or burning pain, often associated with all ...