- Shape Memory Alloys - Processing, Characterization and Applications
Francisco Manuel Braz Fernandes
290 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 20988 times.
- Shape memory alloys have become in the past decades a well established research subject. However, the complex relations between properties and structure have created a continuously growing interest for a deeper insight all this time. The complexity o ...
- Aluminium Alloys - New Trends in Fabrication and Applications
368 pages, December, 2012
All chapters downloaded 33441 times.
- Aluminium alloys have undergone a dramatic transformation in areas of extrusion, machining, welding, heat treatment, structural changes, created by ultra fine particles and enhanced corrosion resistance. Hence, these alloys have made rapid gains in E ...
- Physics and Technology of Silicon Carbide Devices
412 pages, October, 2012
All chapters downloaded 25994 times.
- Recently, some SiC power devices such as Schottky-barrier diodes (SBDs), metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect-transistors (MOSFETs), junction FETs (JFETs), and their integrated modules have come onto the market. However, to stably supply them and r ...
- Metallurgy - Advances in Materials and Processes
186 pages, September, 2012
All chapters downloaded 22042 times.
- In recent decades scientists and engineers around the globe have been responding to the requirement of high performance materials through innovative material research and engineering. The ever increasing demand on quality and reliability has resulted ...
- New Features on Magnesium Alloys
Waldemar Alfredo Monteiro
186 pages, July, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15043 times.
- Magnesium alloys have been attractive to designers due to their low density (two thirds that of aluminium), the sixth most abundant on earth, is ductile and the most machinable of all the metals. This has been a major factor in the widespread use of ...
- Abrasion Resistance of Materials
212 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 67721 times.
- Effective Thermal Insulation - The Operative Factor of a Passive Building Model
112 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15581 times.
- This book has been written to present elementary practical and efficient applications in saving energy concept, as well as propose a solitary action for this category of topics. The book aims to illustrate various methods in treatment the concept of ...
- Powder Metallurgy
132 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 35210 times.
- From high-performance, economical and environmental points of view, Powder metallurgy process shows remarkable advantages in production of parts and components due to their special compositions by elemental mixing and 3-dimensional near net shape for ...