Medicine » Mental and Behavioural Disorders and Diseases of the Nervous System
- Mental Illnesses - Evaluation, Treatments and Implications
492 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 38897 times.
- In the book "Mental Illnesses - Evaluation, Treatments and Implications" attention is focused on background factors underlying mental illness. It is crucial that mental illness be evaluated thoroughly if we want to understand its nature, predict its ...
- Mental Illnesses - Understanding, Prediction and Control
472 pages, January, 2012
All chapters downloaded 42037 times.
- In the book "Mental Illnesses - Understanding, Prediction and Control" attention is devoted to the many background factors that are present in understanding public attitudes, immigration, stigma, and competencies surrounding mental illness. Various e ...
- Neurodegenerative Diseases - Processes, Prevention, Protection and Monitoring
Raymond Chuen-Chung Chang
570 pages, December, 2011
All chapters downloaded 51620 times.
- Neurodegenerative Diseases - Processes, Prevention, Protection and Monitoring focuses on biological mechanisms, prevention, neuroprotection and even monitoring of disease progression. This book emphasizes the general biological processes of neurodege ...
- Diagnostics and Rehabilitation of Parkinson's Disease
544 pages, December, 2011
All chapters downloaded 44553 times.
- Diagnostics and Rehabilitation of Parkinson's Disease presents the most current information pertaining to news-making topics relating to this disease, including etiology, early biomarkers for the diagnostics, novel methods to evaluate symptoms, resea ...
- Towards New Therapies for Parkinson's Disease
David I. Finkelstein
408 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 28669 times.
- Parkinson's disease (PD) is characterised clinically by various non-motor and progressive motor symptoms, pathologically by loss of dopamine producing cells and intraneuronal cytoplasmic inclusions composed primarily of ?-synuclein. By the time a pat ...
- Psychiatric Disorders - Trends and Developments
526 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 53207 times.
- Due to their prevalence, pervasiveness and burden inflicted on men and women of today, psychiatric disorders are considered as one of the most important, sever and painful illnesses. This impairment of cognitive, emotional, or behavioural functioning ...
- Novel Aspects on Epilepsy
350 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 75919 times.
- This book covers novel aspects of epilepsy without ignoring its foundation and therefore, apart from the classic issues that cannot be missing in any book about epilepsy, we introduced novel aspects related with epilepsy and neurocysticercosis as a l ...
- Etiology and Pathophysiology of Parkinson's Disease
Abdul Qayyum Rana
552 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 49091 times.
- This book about Parkinson's disease provides a detailed account of etiology and pathophysiology of Parkinson's disease, a complicated neurological condition. Environmental and genetic factors involved in the causation of Parkinson's disease have been ...