Medicine » Mental and Behavioural Disorders and Diseases of the Nervous System
- Neuromuscular Disorders
282 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 40482 times.
- Neuromuscular Disorders is an interesting compendium of diverse and fairly inclusive topics in disorders of nerve and muscle, with a spectrum of generally well written and pertinent chapters referencing specific categories of neuromuscular diseases. ...
- Effects of Antidepressants
206 pages, June, 2012
All chapters downloaded 28255 times.
- Over the last fifty years, many studies of psychiatric medication have been carried out on the basis of psychopharmacology. At the beginning, researchers and clinicians found the unexpected effectiveness of some medications with therapeutic effects i ...
- Neuroendocrine Tumor
70 pages, June, 2012
All chapters downloaded 15146 times.
- Essential Notes in Psychiatry
594 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 64761 times.
- Psychiatry is one of the major specialties of medicine, and is concerned with the study and treatment of mental disorders. In recent times the field is growing with the discovery of effective therapies and interventions that alleviate suffering in pe ...
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia
206 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 14631 times.
- The purpose of this book has been to depict as many biochemical, genetic and molecular advances as possible, in the vast field of the spinocerebellar ataxias.
L. Miguel Martins and Samantha H.Y. Loh
374 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 27683 times.
- Currently, the human population is on a collision course for a social and economic burden. As a consequence of changing demographics and an increase in human individuals over the age of 60, age-related neurodegenerative disorders are likely to become ...
- Schizophrenia in the 21st Century
194 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 24833 times.
- Schizophrenia is a poorly understood but very disabling group of brain disorders. While hallucinations and delusions (positive symptoms of schizophrenia) feature prominently in diagnostic criteria, impairments of memory and attentional processing (co ...
- Standard and Innovative Strategies in Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Irismar Reis de Oliveira
202 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 78824 times.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is the fastest growing and the best empirically validated psychotherapeutic approach. Written by international experts, this book intends to bring CBT to as many mental health professionals as possible. Section 1 in ...