Medicine » Mental and Behavioural Disorders and Diseases of the Nervous System
- Sexual Abuse - Breaking the Silence
Ersi Abacı Kalfoğlu and Rehat Faikoğlu
238 pages, March, 2012
- Sexual assault can be considered as expression of aggression through sex. This, in turn, can have serious negative effects on a survivor’s social and occupational functioning. This book has been organized towards that specific approach, by compilin ...
- Standard and Innovative Strategies in Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Irismar Reis de Oliveira
190 pages, March, 2012
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is the fastest growing and the best empirically validated psychotherapeutic approach. Written by international experts, this book intends to bring CBT to as many mental health professionals as possible. Section 1 in ...
- Dystonia - The Many Facets
Raymond L. Rosales
220 pages, March, 2012
- Dystonia has many facets, and among those, this book commences with the increasingly associated genes identified, including a construct on how biology interacts with the dystonia genesis. The clinical phenomenology of dystonia as approached in the bo ...
- Advances in the Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
246 pages, March, 2012
- In recent years research on ischemic stroke has developed powerful therapeutic tools. The novel frontiers of stem cells therapy and of hypothermia have been explored, and novel brain repair mechanisms have been discovered. Limits to intravenous throm ...
- Peripheral Neuropathy - Advances in Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches
206 pages, February, 2012
- Over the last two decades we have seen extensive progress within the practice of neurology. We have refined our understanding of the etiology and pathogenesis for both peripheral and central nervous system diseases, and developed new therapeutic appr ...
- Epilepsy - Histological, Electroencephalographic and Psychological Aspects
276 pages, February, 2012
- With the vision of including authors from different parts of the world, different educational backgrounds, and offering open-access to their published work, InTech proudly presents the latest edited book in epilepsy research, Epilepsy: Histological, ...
- Clinical, Research and Treatment Approaches to Affective Disorders
Mario Francisco Juruena
364 pages, February, 2012
- The causes, development and outcomes of disorders are determined by the relationship of psychological, social and cultural factors with biochemistry and physiology. Biochemistry and physiology are not disconnected and different from the rest of our e ...
- Bipolar Disorder - A Portrait of a Complex Mood Disorder
236 pages, February, 2012
- Bipolar Disorder: Portrait of a Complex Mood Disorder is a step towards integrating many diverse perspectives on BD. As we shall see, such diversity makes it difficult to clearly define the boundaries of BD. It is helpful to view BD from this persp ...