Medicine » Mental and Behavioural Disorders and Diseases of the Nervous System
- Psychiatric Disorders - New Frontiers in Affective Disorders
304 pages, May, 2013
- Affective disorders are a subject of interest to clinicians for more than a century. The awareness of an urgent need for an evidence-based “personalized” approach of treatment is growing in the field of psychiatry. This book brings together leadi ...
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
628 pages, May, 2013
- This book highlights the pathophysiological complexities of the mechanisms and factors that are likely to be involved in a range of neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer's disease, other Dementia, Parkinson Diseases and ...
- Peripheral Neuropathy - A New Insight into the Mechanism, Evaluation and Management of a Complex Disorder
164 pages, March, 2013
- Understanding the rapid changes in the evaluation and management of peripheral neuropathies, as well as the complexity of their mechanism, is a mandatory requirement for the practitioner to optimize patient's care. The objective of this book is to up ...
- New Insights into Anxiety Disorders
444 pages, March, 2013
- This book collects the contributions of a number of clinical psychiatrists all over the world, interested in developing basic research about anxiety and in applying it in clinical contexts. It is divided into four sections, covering general issues ab ...
- Recent Advances in Autism Spectrum Disorders - Volume I
789 pages, March, 2013
- The pace of research on Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) can only be described as extraordinary as this volume shows. It is extremely difficult for any single professional to keep abreast of all the developments in this area. This volume gathers toget ...
- Recent Advances in Autism Spectrum Disorders - Volume II
186 pages, March, 2013
- The pace of research on Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) has expanded exponentially in recent years. It is difficult for anyone to keep up with all developments. This book will assist the experienced and non-specialist reader to keep up with recent ...
- Understanding Alzheimer's Disease
484 pages, February, 2013
- Alzheimer's dementia (AD) affects 6 million Europeans with 10% of people over age 65 and more than a quarter over 85. Given the steady aging of European societies, dementia and cognitive decline have developed into a major health problem with an enor ...
- Mood Disorders
287 pages, January, 2013
- Mood disorders are a crucial group of mental disorders that last for a life time, cause psychosocial dysfunction, disrupts interpersonal relationships and are overall highly restrictive. The facts that mood disorders are seen as high as 3-5% of the s ...