Medicine » Mental and Behavioural Disorders and Diseases of the Nervous System
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - Recent Advances
376 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 3611 times.
- This book starts with a new sub category of Autism Criminal Autistic Psychopathy and school shootings. It focuses on a number of interventions, including speech and language pathology, speech and language assessment instruments, occupational therapy, ...
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - The Old and the New Problems
200 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3891 times.
- Although Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) has been known since the ancient times, the exact etiology and pathogenesis of OCD unfortunately still remain unknown. In addition, the therapeutic approaches elaborated for the treatment of OCD as a whole ...
- A Synopsis of Parkinson's Disease
Abdul Qayyum Rana
230 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4764 times.
- Parkinsons disease is a disabling neurological condition with both motor and non-motor symptoms for which no cure is available at this stage. This book is unique in covering the most important topics related to Parkinsons disease. Current research an ...
- Cerebral Palsy - Challenges for the Future
310 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 8326 times.
- Writing a comprehensive scientific book about the cerebral palsy is a great challenge. Many different interventions are available for persons with CP. Increasingly, it is recognized that intervention needs to be evidence-based and family-centered. Re ...
- Current Advances in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Alvaro G. Estévez
264 pages, September, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7365 times.
- Our understanding of the pathology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a continuously changing field. New hypotheses are generated with each new discovery; they are abandoned to be reanalyzed after some time under the light of new observations. This ...
- Developmental Disabilities - Molecules Involved, Diagnosis, and Clinical Care
152 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 3573 times.
- Although various developmental disabilities affecting children and adults might have different pathogeneses, underlying mechanisms, and clinical presentations, the current books emphasizes the fact that there are numerous commonalities in methods of ...
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adolescents
326 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 46571 times.
- ADHD in children and adolescents is a neurodevelopmental disorder, which is recognized by the clinicians all over the world. ADHD is a clinical diagnosis based on reliable history, reports from home and school and a physical examination to rule out a ...
- Psychiatric Disorders - New Frontiers in Affective Disorders
320 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16259 times.
- Affective disorders are a subject of interest to clinicians for more than a century. The awareness of an urgent need for an evidence-based “personalized” approach of treatment is growing in the field of psychiatry. This book brings together leadi ...