- New Aspects of Ventricular Assist Devices
142 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 19286 times.
- Ventricular assist device has become one of the standard therapies for the support and the management of the failing heart. Updating our knowledge about these devices is mandatory in order to improve patient outcomes. In this book we can read the eff ...
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering - Cells and Biomaterials
602 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 122484 times.
- Tissue Engineering may offer new treatment alternatives for organ replacement or repair deteriorated organs. Among the clinical applications of Tissue Engineering are the production of artificial skin for burn patients, tissue engineered trachea, ca ...
- Gangrene - Current Concepts and Management Options
190 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 61369 times.
- Gangrene is the term used to describe the necrosis or death of soft tissue due to obstructed circulation, usually followed by decomposition and putrefaction, a serious, potentially fatal complication. The presented book discusses different aspects of ...
- Skin Grafts - Indications, Applications and Current Research
384 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 126491 times.
- The procedure of skin grafting has been performed since 3000BC and with the aid of modern technology has evolved through the years. While the development of new techniques and devices has significantly improved the functional as well as the aestheti ...
- Kidney Transplantation - New Perspectives
Dr.(Md) Magdalena Trzcinska
356 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 41454 times.
- Although many years have passed since the first successful kidney transplantation, the method, although no longer considered a medical experiment, is still perceived as controversial and, as such, it triggers many emotions and that's why conscious ed ...
- Melanoma in the Clinic - Diagnosis, Management and Complications of Malignancy
Prof. Mandi Murph
310 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 39715 times.
- This book provides an excellent overview of how melanoma is treated in the clinic. Since oncologists and clinicians across the globe contributed to this book, each area also explores the unique burdens that geographical areas experience from melanoma ...
- Ultrasound Imaging - Medical Applications
Igor V. Minin and Oleg V. Minin
342 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 68192 times.
- This book provides an overview of ultrafast ultrasound imaging, 3D high-quality ultrasonic imaging, correction of phase aberrations in medical ultrasound images, etc.
Several interesting medical and clinical applications areas are also discussed in ...
- Gene Therapy Applications
502 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 65009 times.
- The aim of our book is to provide a detailed discussion of gene therapy application in human diseases. The book brings together major approaches: (1) Gene therapy in blood and vascular system, (2) Gene therapy in orthopedics, (3) Gene therapy in geni ...