- On Biomimetics
Assoc. Lilyana D. Pramatarova
654 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 96324 times.
- Bio-mimicry is fundamental idea "How to mimic the Nature" by various methodologies as well as new ideas or suggestions on the creation of novel materials and functions. This book comprises seven sections on various perspectives of bio-mimicry in our ...
- Advanced Topics in Environmental Health and Air Pollution Case Studies
Anca Maria Moldoveanu
482 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 66863 times.
- The book describes the effects of air pollutants, from the indoor and outdoor spaces, on the human physiology. Air pollutants can influence inflammation biomarkers, can influence the pathogenesis of chronic cough, can influence reactive oxygen specie ...
- Anxiety and Related Disorders
292 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 86676 times.
- Anxiety disorders are one of the most common psychiatric disorders worldwide and many aspects of anxiety can be observed. Anxious patients often consult primary care physicians for their treatment, but in most cases they do not accept the diagnosis o ...
- Implant Dentistry - A Rapidly Evolving Practice
544 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 254768 times.
- Implant dentistry has come a long way since Dr. Branemark introduced the osseointegration concept with endosseous implants. The use of dental implants has increased exponentially in the last three decades. As implant treatment became more predictable ...
- Advances in Applied Electromyography
224 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 31176 times.
- The electrical activity of the muscles, as measured by means of electromyography (EMG), is a major expression of muscle contraction. This book aims at providing an updated overview of the recent developments in electromyography from diverse aspects a ...
- Gangrene - Current Concepts and Management Options
190 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 64014 times.
- Gangrene is the term used to describe the necrosis or death of soft tissue due to obstructed circulation, usually followed by decomposition and putrefaction, a serious, potentially fatal complication. The presented book discusses different aspects of ...
- Skin Grafts - Indications, Applications and Current Research
384 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 131873 times.
- The procedure of skin grafting has been performed since 3000BC and with the aid of modern technology has evolved through the years. While the development of new techniques and devices has significantly improved the functional as well as the aestheti ...
364 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 65694 times.
- To publish a book on colonoscopy suitable for an international medical audience, drawing upon the expertise and talents of many outstanding world-wide clinicians, is a daunting task. New developments in videocolonoscope instruments, procedural techn ...