- Anxiety and Related Disorders
292 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 86047 times.
- Anxiety disorders are one of the most common psychiatric disorders worldwide and many aspects of anxiety can be observed. Anxious patients often consult primary care physicians for their treatment, but in most cases they do not accept the diagnosis o ...
- Implant Dentistry - A Rapidly Evolving Practice
544 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 251834 times.
- Implant dentistry has come a long way since Dr. Branemark introduced the osseointegration concept with endosseous implants. The use of dental implants has increased exponentially in the last three decades. As implant treatment became more predictable ...
- Advances in Applied Electromyography
224 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 30952 times.
- The electrical activity of the muscles, as measured by means of electromyography (EMG), is a major expression of muscle contraction. This book aims at providing an updated overview of the recent developments in electromyography from diverse aspects a ...
- New Aspects of Ventricular Assist Devices
142 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 19509 times.
- Ventricular assist device has become one of the standard therapies for the support and the management of the failing heart. Updating our knowledge about these devices is mandatory in order to improve patient outcomes. In this book we can read the eff ...
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering - Cells and Biomaterials
602 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 123747 times.
- Tissue Engineering may offer new treatment alternatives for organ replacement or repair deteriorated organs. Among the clinical applications of Tissue Engineering are the production of artificial skin for burn patients, tissue engineered trachea, ca ...
- Gangrene - Current Concepts and Management Options
190 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 62969 times.
- Gangrene is the term used to describe the necrosis or death of soft tissue due to obstructed circulation, usually followed by decomposition and putrefaction, a serious, potentially fatal complication. The presented book discusses different aspects of ...
- Skin Grafts - Indications, Applications and Current Research
384 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 129711 times.
- The procedure of skin grafting has been performed since 3000BC and with the aid of modern technology has evolved through the years. While the development of new techniques and devices has significantly improved the functional as well as the aestheti ...
364 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 65071 times.
- To publish a book on colonoscopy suitable for an international medical audience, drawing upon the expertise and talents of many outstanding world-wide clinicians, is a daunting task. New developments in videocolonoscope instruments, procedural techn ...