- On Biomimetics
Assoc. Lilyana D. Pramatarova
654 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 94613 times.
- Bio-mimicry is fundamental idea "How to mimic the Nature" by various methodologies as well as new ideas or suggestions on the creation of novel materials and functions. This book comprises seven sections on various perspectives of bio-mimicry in our ...
- Advanced Topics in Environmental Health and Air Pollution Case Studies
Anca Maria Moldoveanu
482 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 65814 times.
- The book describes the effects of air pollutants, from the indoor and outdoor spaces, on the human physiology. Air pollutants can influence inflammation biomarkers, can influence the pathogenesis of chronic cough, can influence reactive oxygen specie ...
- Recent Advances in the Pathogenesis, Prevention and Management of Type 2 Diabetes and its Complications
Mark B. Zimering, MD, PhD
454 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 79248 times.
- Type 2 diabetes "mellitus" affects nearly 120 million persons worldwide- and according to the World Health Organization this number is expected to double by the year 2030. Owing to a rapidly increasing disease prevalence, the medical, social and econ ...
- Genetics and Etiology of Down Syndrome
340 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 82195 times.
- This book provides a concise yet comprehensive source of current information on Down syndrome. Research workers, scientists, medical graduates and paediatricians will find it an excellent source for reference and review. This book has been divided in ...
- Anxiety and Related Disorders
292 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 85066 times.
- Anxiety disorders are one of the most common psychiatric disorders worldwide and many aspects of anxiety can be observed. Anxious patients often consult primary care physicians for their treatment, but in most cases they do not accept the diagnosis o ...
- Implant Dentistry - A Rapidly Evolving Practice
544 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 246846 times.
- Implant dentistry has come a long way since Dr. Branemark introduced the osseointegration concept with endosseous implants. The use of dental implants has increased exponentially in the last three decades. As implant treatment became more predictable ...
- Advances in Applied Electromyography
224 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 30517 times.
- The electrical activity of the muscles, as measured by means of electromyography (EMG), is a major expression of muscle contraction. This book aims at providing an updated overview of the recent developments in electromyography from diverse aspects a ...
364 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 64098 times.
- To publish a book on colonoscopy suitable for an international medical audience, drawing upon the expertise and talents of many outstanding world-wide clinicians, is a daunting task. New developments in videocolonoscope instruments, procedural techn ...