- Autism Spectrum Disorders - From Genes to Environment
412 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 101042 times.
- Autism spectrum disorders are a major topic for research. The causes are now thought to be largely genetic although the genes involved are only slowly being traced. The effects of ASD are often devastating and families and schools have to adapt to pr ...
- The Mystery of Glaucoma
362 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 70043 times.
- Since long ago scientists have been trying hard to show up the core of glaucoma. To its understanding we needed to penetrate gradually to its molecular level. The newest pieces of knowledge about the molecular biology of glaucoma are presented in the ...
- Liver Biopsy
414 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 117884 times.
- Liver biopsy is recommended as the gold standard method to determine diagnosis, fibrosis staging, prognosis and therapeutic indications in patients with chronic liver disease. However, liver biopsy is an invasive procedure with a risk of complication ...
- Clinical Management of Complicated Urinary Tract Infection
304 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 89483 times.
- Complicated urinary tract infections (cUTIs) are a major cause of hospital admissions and are associated with significant morbidity and health care costs. Knowledge of baseline risk of urinary tract infection can help clinicians make informed diagnos ...
- Coronary Angiography - The Need for Improvement in Medical and Interventional Therapy
218 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 32352 times.
- In this book we examined a periprocedural complication of coronary angiography, and coronary intervention. That includes related to cardiac catheterization and diagnostic coronary angiography, and those that occur as a consequence of the specific equ ...
- An Update on Glomerulopathies - Etiology and Pathogenesis
290 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 35039 times.
- The book has fourteen chapters which are grouped under different sections: Immune System and Glomerulonephritis, Animal Models of Glomerulonephritis, Cytokines and Signalling Pathways, Role of Cells and Organelles in Glomerulonephritis and Miscellane ...
- Recent Advances in the Pathogenesis, Prevention and Management of Type 2 Diabetes and its Complications
Mark B. Zimering, MD, PhD
454 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 80610 times.
- Type 2 diabetes "mellitus" affects nearly 120 million persons worldwide- and according to the World Health Organization this number is expected to double by the year 2030. Owing to a rapidly increasing disease prevalence, the medical, social and econ ...
- Genetics and Etiology of Down Syndrome
340 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 84031 times.
- This book provides a concise yet comprehensive source of current information on Down syndrome. Research workers, scientists, medical graduates and paediatricians will find it an excellent source for reference and review. This book has been divided in ...