- Liver Biopsy
414 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 116392 times.
- Liver biopsy is recommended as the gold standard method to determine diagnosis, fibrosis staging, prognosis and therapeutic indications in patients with chronic liver disease. However, liver biopsy is an invasive procedure with a risk of complication ...
- Clinical Management of Complicated Urinary Tract Infection
304 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 88287 times.
- Complicated urinary tract infections (cUTIs) are a major cause of hospital admissions and are associated with significant morbidity and health care costs. Knowledge of baseline risk of urinary tract infection can help clinicians make informed diagnos ...
- Coronary Angiography - The Need for Improvement in Medical and Interventional Therapy
218 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 32093 times.
- In this book we examined a periprocedural complication of coronary angiography, and coronary intervention. That includes related to cardiac catheterization and diagnostic coronary angiography, and those that occur as a consequence of the specific equ ...
- An Update on Glomerulopathies - Etiology and Pathogenesis
290 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 34790 times.
- The book has fourteen chapters which are grouped under different sections: Immune System and Glomerulonephritis, Animal Models of Glomerulonephritis, Cytokines and Signalling Pathways, Role of Cells and Organelles in Glomerulonephritis and Miscellane ...
- On Biomimetics
Assoc. Lilyana D. Pramatarova
654 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 95770 times.
- Bio-mimicry is fundamental idea "How to mimic the Nature" by various methodologies as well as new ideas or suggestions on the creation of novel materials and functions. This book comprises seven sections on various perspectives of bio-mimicry in our ...
- Advanced Topics in Environmental Health and Air Pollution Case Studies
Anca Maria Moldoveanu
482 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 66486 times.
- The book describes the effects of air pollutants, from the indoor and outdoor spaces, on the human physiology. Air pollutants can influence inflammation biomarkers, can influence the pathogenesis of chronic cough, can influence reactive oxygen specie ...
- Recent Advances in the Pathogenesis, Prevention and Management of Type 2 Diabetes and its Complications
Mark B. Zimering, MD, PhD
454 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 80196 times.
- Type 2 diabetes "mellitus" affects nearly 120 million persons worldwide- and according to the World Health Organization this number is expected to double by the year 2030. Owing to a rapidly increasing disease prevalence, the medical, social and econ ...
- Genetics and Etiology of Down Syndrome
340 pages, August, 2011
All chapters downloaded 83439 times.
- This book provides a concise yet comprehensive source of current information on Down syndrome. Research workers, scientists, medical graduates and paediatricians will find it an excellent source for reference and review. This book has been divided in ...