- Acupuncture - Clinical Practice, Particular Techniques and Special Issues
150 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 59679 times.
- Acupuncture is growing in popularity world-wide. Acupuncture and related techniques are useful tools for treating a spectrum of diseases. However, there are still many areas of controversy connected to it due to the fact that mechanisms of action of ...
- Understanding the Complexities of Kidney Transplantation
Jorge Ortiz and Jason Andre
574 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 89146 times.
- Kidney transplantation is a complex field that incorporates several different specialties to manage the transplant patient. This book was created because of the importance of kidney transplantation. This volume focuses on the complexities of the tran ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorders - From Genes to Environment
412 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 97231 times.
- Autism spectrum disorders are a major topic for research. The causes are now thought to be largely genetic although the genes involved are only slowly being traced. The effects of ASD are often devastating and families and schools have to adapt to pr ...
- The Mystery of Glaucoma
362 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 67556 times.
- Since long ago scientists have been trying hard to show up the core of glaucoma. To its understanding we needed to penetrate gradually to its molecular level. The newest pieces of knowledge about the molecular biology of glaucoma are presented in the ...
- Liver Biopsy
414 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 112201 times.
- Liver biopsy is recommended as the gold standard method to determine diagnosis, fibrosis staging, prognosis and therapeutic indications in patients with chronic liver disease. However, liver biopsy is an invasive procedure with a risk of complication ...
- Clinical Management of Complicated Urinary Tract Infection
304 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 85237 times.
- Complicated urinary tract infections (cUTIs) are a major cause of hospital admissions and are associated with significant morbidity and health care costs. Knowledge of baseline risk of urinary tract infection can help clinicians make informed diagnos ...
- Coronary Angiography - The Need for Improvement in Medical and Interventional Therapy
218 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 31329 times.
- In this book we examined a periprocedural complication of coronary angiography, and coronary intervention. That includes related to cardiac catheterization and diagnostic coronary angiography, and those that occur as a consequence of the specific equ ...
- An Update on Glomerulopathies - Etiology and Pathogenesis
290 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 34107 times.
- The book has fourteen chapters which are grouped under different sections: Immune System and Glomerulonephritis, Animal Models of Glomerulonephritis, Cytokines and Signalling Pathways, Role of Cells and Organelles in Glomerulonephritis and Miscellane ...