- Forensic Medicine - From Old Problems to New Challenges
Duarte Nuno Vieira
394 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 81821 times.
- Forensic medicine is a continuously evolving science that is constantly being updated and improved, not only as a result of technological and scientific advances (which bring almost immediate repercussions) but also because of developments in the soc ...
- Research on Melanoma - A Glimpse into Current Directions and Future Trends
426 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 37914 times.
- The book Research on Melanoma: A Glimpse into Current Directions and Future Trends, is divided into sections to represent the most cutting-edge topics in melanoma from around the world. The emerging epigenetics of disease, novel therapeutics under de ...
- Biomechanics in Applications
420 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 96757 times.
- During last couple of years there has been an increasing recognition that problems arising in biology or related to medicine really need a multidisciplinary approach. For this reason some special branches of both applied theoretical physics and mathe ...
- DNA Repair - On the Pathways to Fixing DNA Damage and Errors
392 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 106422 times.
- DNA repair is fundamental to all cell types to maintain genomic stability. A collection of cutting-edge reviews, DNA Repair - On the pathways to fixing DNA damage and errors covers major aspects of the DNA repair processes in a large variety of organ ...
- The Clinical Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease -The Charge Toward Comprehensive Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies
Suzanne De La Monte
376 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 40479 times.
- The Clinical Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease: The Charge Toward Comprehensive Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies is highly informative and current. Acknowledged experts in the field critically review both standard and under-appreciated clinical, ...
- Cardiac Pacemakers - Biological Aspects, Clinical Applications and Possible Complications
206 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 34794 times.
- Clinical usage of artificial pacing dates back to 1958, when the battery powered cardiac pacemakers became available. Modern implantable pacemakers are the complicated electronic devices operating 10 years continuously without battery exchange. Thoug ...
- Acupuncture - Clinical Practice, Particular Techniques and Special Issues
150 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 62058 times.
- Acupuncture is growing in popularity world-wide. Acupuncture and related techniques are useful tools for treating a spectrum of diseases. However, there are still many areas of controversy connected to it due to the fact that mechanisms of action of ...
- Understanding the Complexities of Kidney Transplantation
Jorge Ortiz and Jason Andre
574 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 93476 times.
- Kidney transplantation is a complex field that incorporates several different specialties to manage the transplant patient. This book was created because of the importance of kidney transplantation. This volume focuses on the complexities of the tran ...