- Biomechanics in Applications
420 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 95633 times.
- During last couple of years there has been an increasing recognition that problems arising in biology or related to medicine really need a multidisciplinary approach. For this reason some special branches of both applied theoretical physics and mathe ...
- DNA Repair - On the Pathways to Fixing DNA Damage and Errors
392 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 106058 times.
- DNA repair is fundamental to all cell types to maintain genomic stability. A collection of cutting-edge reviews, DNA Repair - On the pathways to fixing DNA damage and errors covers major aspects of the DNA repair processes in a large variety of organ ...
- The Clinical Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease -The Charge Toward Comprehensive Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies
Suzanne De La Monte
376 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 40262 times.
- The Clinical Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease: The Charge Toward Comprehensive Diagnostic and Therapeutic Strategies is highly informative and current. Acknowledged experts in the field critically review both standard and under-appreciated clinical, ...
- Cardiac Pacemakers - Biological Aspects, Clinical Applications and Possible Complications
206 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 34267 times.
- Clinical usage of artificial pacing dates back to 1958, when the battery powered cardiac pacemakers became available. Modern implantable pacemakers are the complicated electronic devices operating 10 years continuously without battery exchange. Thoug ...
- Acupuncture - Clinical Practice, Particular Techniques and Special Issues
150 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 61354 times.
- Acupuncture is growing in popularity world-wide. Acupuncture and related techniques are useful tools for treating a spectrum of diseases. However, there are still many areas of controversy connected to it due to the fact that mechanisms of action of ...
- Understanding the Complexities of Kidney Transplantation
Jorge Ortiz and Jason Andre
574 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 92323 times.
- Kidney transplantation is a complex field that incorporates several different specialties to manage the transplant patient. This book was created because of the importance of kidney transplantation. This volume focuses on the complexities of the tran ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorders - From Genes to Environment
412 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 100173 times.
- Autism spectrum disorders are a major topic for research. The causes are now thought to be largely genetic although the genes involved are only slowly being traced. The effects of ASD are often devastating and families and schools have to adapt to pr ...
- The Mystery of Glaucoma
362 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 69437 times.
- Since long ago scientists have been trying hard to show up the core of glaucoma. To its understanding we needed to penetrate gradually to its molecular level. The newest pieces of knowledge about the molecular biology of glaucoma are presented in the ...