- Pulmonary Hypertension
Jean M. Elwing and Ralph J. Panos
242 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 12975 times.
- This volume presents overviews as well as in depth reviews of many aspects of the clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) especially PH related to thromboembolic disease. Saleem Sharieff presents a compre ...
- Arteriovenous Fistulas - Diagnosis and Management
Stavropoula I. Tjoumakaris
210 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11205 times.
- Arteriovenous fistulas are shunts between arteries and veins that can be found in many organs of the human body such as the brain, skin, eye and lung. These lesions can be symptomatic by causing ischemia, through the process of the steal phenomenon, ...
- Developmental Disabilities - Molecules Involved, Diagnosis, and Clinical Care
152 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 3580 times.
- Although various developmental disabilities affecting children and adults might have different pathogeneses, underlying mechanisms, and clinical presentations, the current books emphasizes the fact that there are numerous commonalities in methods of ...
- Recent Advances in the Field of Urinary Tract Infections
184 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9866 times.
- Urinary tract infections (UTI) continue to be under the most common bacterial infections worldwide. Diagnostic and treatment have substantial financial burden on society. In the USA, UTIs are responsible for more than 7 million physician visits annua ...
- Frontiers in Radiation Oncology
226 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 10245 times.
- The mode of action by radiation is postulated to be the production of double strand breaks of DNA. The repair of double strand breaks occurs through non homologous end joining through acetylation of histone proteins by histone acetyltransferases ( ...
- Skin Biopsy - Diagnosis and Treatment
Suran L. Fernando
184 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9463 times.
- Skin Biopsy - Diagnosis and Treatment is a collection of six chapters that includes an initial chapter on the site selection of a skin biopsy that optimizes diagnosis of various dermatological diseases and in many instances it is a therapeutic interv ...
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adolescents
326 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 46593 times.
- ADHD in children and adolescents is a neurodevelopmental disorder, which is recognized by the clinicians all over the world. ADHD is a clinical diagnosis based on reliable history, reports from home and school and a physical examination to rule out a ...
- Recent Advances in Infective Endocarditis
Steven W. Kerrigan
132 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18746 times.
- Endocarditis is an inflammation of the lining of the heart and valves. It can be due to a non-infectious cause but when the inflammation is associated with an infection, usually bacterial, it is known as infective endocarditis. It is typically charac ...