- Frontiers in Radiation Oncology
226 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9841 times.
- The mode of action by radiation is postulated to be the production of double strand breaks of DNA. The repair of double strand breaks occurs through non homologous end joining through acetylation of histone proteins by histone acetyltransferases ( ...
- Skin Biopsy - Diagnosis and Treatment
Suran L. Fernando
184 pages, July, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9314 times.
- Skin Biopsy - Diagnosis and Treatment is a collection of six chapters that includes an initial chapter on the site selection of a skin biopsy that optimizes diagnosis of various dermatological diseases and in many instances it is a therapeutic interv ...
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adolescents
326 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 46304 times.
- ADHD in children and adolescents is a neurodevelopmental disorder, which is recognized by the clinicians all over the world. ADHD is a clinical diagnosis based on reliable history, reports from home and school and a physical examination to rule out a ...
- Recent Advances in Infective Endocarditis
Steven W. Kerrigan
132 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18633 times.
- Endocarditis is an inflammation of the lining of the heart and valves. It can be due to a non-infectious cause but when the inflammation is associated with an infection, usually bacterial, it is known as infective endocarditis. It is typically charac ...
- A Textbook of Advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Mohammad Hosein Kalantar Motamedi
870 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 114016 times.
- The discipline of oral and maxillofacial surgery covers a wide range of diseases, conditions, injuries and defects of the head, neck, face and jaws as well as the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity. It is an internationally recognized surgical ...
- Type 2 Diabetes
544 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 36139 times.
- Type 2 diabetes is now a global serious health problem. Patients with type 2 diabetes have 2-4 times higher risk of cardiovascular and renal complications, morbidity and mortality. This book, Type 2 Diabetes, is a unique book covering the topics incl ...
- The Latest in Peritoneal Dialysis
Abelardo Aguilera Peralta
114 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6105 times.
- This book summarizes the advances and new concepts introduced in the last years on peritoneal dialysis (PD) and its complications. PD therapy is a renal replacement peritoneal membrane using a semi-permeable barrier to liquids and solutes. The abdomi ...
248 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9714 times.
- Amyloidosis is an uncommon disorder characterized by the deposition of extracellular amyloid proteins in tissues. Significant advancement has been made recently, which not only provides insight in to the pathophysiology of the disease but also helps ...