- New Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Oliviu Pascu and Andrada Seicean
322 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 41268 times.
- As result of progress, endoscopy has became more complex, using more sophisticated devices and has claimed a special form. In this moment, the gastroenterologist performing endoscopy has to be an expert in macroscopic view of the lesions in the gut, ...
- Advanced Laparoscopy
202 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 60367 times.
- The present book, published by InTech, has been written by a number of highly outstanding authors from all over the world. Every author provides information concerning treatment of different diseases based on his or her knowledge, experience and ski ...
- Urinary Tract Infections
370 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 60750 times.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are among the most common bacterial infections worldwide, and they are also the leading cause of hospital-acquired infections. Therefore, the appropriate management of UTIs is a major medical and financial issue. This ...
- Underlying Mechanisms of Epilepsy
Fatima Shad Kaneez
368 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 37285 times.
- This book is a very provocative and interesting addition to the literature on Epilepsy. It offers a lot of appealing and stimulating work to offer food of thought to the readers from different disciplines. Around 5% of the total world population have ...
- Cardiac Defibrillation - Mechanisms, Challenges and Implications
260 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 34245 times.
- The only known effective therapy for lethal disturbances in cardiac rhythm is de?brillation, the delivery of a strong electric shock to the heart. This technique constitutes the most important means for prevention of sudden cardiac death. The efficac ...
- Diagnostic Techniques and Surgical Management of Brain Tumors
Ana Lucia Abujamra
544 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 65881 times.
- The focus of the book Diagnostic Techniques and Surgical Management of Brain Tumors is on describing the established and newly-arising techniques to diagnose central nervous system tumors, with a special focus on neuroimaging, followed by a discussio ...
- Therapeutic Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Oliviu Pascu and Marcel Tantau
228 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 36909 times.
- Endoscopy has had a big role in the development of modern gastroenterology. Modern endoscopy will certainly be more therapeutic. It started with endoscopic hemostasis and polipectomy, than beginning of the 1970's with the advent of endoscopic sphinct ...
- Role of the Adipocyte in Development of Type 2 Diabetes
382 pages, September, 2011
All chapters downloaded 38902 times.
- Adipocytes are important in the body for maintaining proper energy balance by storing excess energy as triglycerides. However, efforts of the last decade have identified several molecules that are secreted from adipocytes, such as leptin, which are i ...