- Treatment of Metastatic Melanoma
360 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 38162 times.
- Surgery continues to be the mainstay treatment for melanoma localized to the primary tumor and/or lymph nodes. Results from randomized controlled trials indicate that sentinel node biopsy for the treatment of cutaneous melanoma of intermediate thickn ...
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Abdominal and Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms Including the Ascending Aorta and the Aortic Arch
Reinhart T. Grundmann
218 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 33003 times.
- This book considers diagnosis and treatment of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms. It addresses vascular and cardiothoracic surgeons and interventional radiologists, but also anyone engaged in vascular medicine. The book focuses amongst other th ...
- Flavivirus Encephalitis
490 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 43078 times.
- Encephalitis is an inflammation of the brain tissue associated with clinical evidence of brain dysfunction. The disease is of high public health importance worldwide due to its high morbidity and mortality. Flaviviruses, such as tick-borne encephalit ...
- CT Scanning - Techniques and Applications
358 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 67901 times.
- Since its introduction in 1972, X-ray computed tomography (CT) has evolved into an essential diagnostic imaging tool for a continually increasing variety of clinical applications. The goal of this book was not simply to summarize currently available ...
- Implant Dentistry - The Most Promising Discipline of Dentistry
488 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 127139 times.
- Since Dr. Branemark presented the osseointegration concept with dental implants, implant dentistry has changed and improved dramatically. The use of dental implants has skyrocketed in the past thirty years. As the benefits of therapy became apparent, ...
- Human Genetic Diseases
298 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 56560 times.
- The genetics science is less than 150 years old, but its accomplishments have been astonishing. Genetics has become an indispensable component of almost all research in modern biology and medicine. Human genetic variation is associated with many, if ...
- New Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Oliviu Pascu and Andrada Seicean
322 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 42692 times.
- As result of progress, endoscopy has became more complex, using more sophisticated devices and has claimed a special form. In this moment, the gastroenterologist performing endoscopy has to be an expert in macroscopic view of the lesions in the gut, ...
- Advanced Laparoscopy
202 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 63092 times.
- The present book, published by InTech, has been written by a number of highly outstanding authors from all over the world. Every author provides information concerning treatment of different diseases based on his or her knowledge, experience and ski ...