- Ulcerative Colitis - Treatments, Special Populations and the Future
190 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 18236 times.
- This book is intended to act as an up to date reference point and knowledge developer for all readers interested in the area of gastroenterology and in particular Ulcerative Colitis. All of the chapter authors are experts in their fields of publicati ...
- Update on Mechanisms of Hormone Action - Focus on Metabolism, Growth and Reproduction
Gianluca Aimaretti with Paolo Marzullo and Flavia Prodam
480 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 52782 times.
- The purpose of the present volume is to focus on more recent aspects of the complex regulation of hormonal action, in particular in 3 different hot fields: metabolism, growth and reproduction.
Modern approaches to the physiology and pathology of endo ...
- Global View of HIV Infection
186 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 15967 times.
- Some of the topics covered in this book are:
Clinical symptoms of AIDS
AIDS and opportunistic infection
Prevention and treatment of HV
Treatment of HIV infection and immune reconstitution
- DNA Repair and Human Health
806 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 68662 times.
- Over the past decades, great advances have been made in understanding the cellular DNA repair pathways. At the same time, a wealth of descriptive knowledge of human diseases has been accumulated. Now, the basic research of the mechanisms of DNA repai ...
- Psychiatric Disorders - Trends and Developments
526 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 52556 times.
- Due to their prevalence, pervasiveness and burden inflicted on men and women of today, psychiatric disorders are considered as one of the most important, sever and painful illnesses. This impairment of cognitive, emotional, or behavioural functioning ...
- Ectopic Pregnancy - Modern Diagnosis and Management
258 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 62043 times.
- Ectopic pregnancy is the second major cause of maternal mortality in the United States and a leading cause of maternal morbidity and mortality in the world. This book contains the practical methods to early diagnosis of various forms of ectopic pregn ...
- Selected Topics in DNA Repair
Clark C. Chen, University of California, San Diego, USA
582 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 55047 times.
- This book is intended for students and scientists working in the field of DNA repair, focusing on a number of topics ranging from DNA damaging agents and mechanistic insights to methods in DNA repair and insights into therapeutic strategies. These to ...
- Autoimmune Disorders - Pathogenetic Aspects
Clio P. Mavragani
502 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 56404 times.
- The present edition entitled "Autoimmune disorders - Pathogenetic aspects" aims to present the current available evidence of etiopathogenetic insights of both systemic and organ specific autoimmune disorders, the crossover interactions among autoim ...