- Towards New Therapies for Parkinson's Disease
David I. Finkelstein
408 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 29020 times.
- Parkinson's disease (PD) is characterised clinically by various non-motor and progressive motor symptoms, pathologically by loss of dopamine producing cells and intraneuronal cytoplasmic inclusions composed primarily of ?-synuclein. By the time a pat ...
- Glioma - Exploring Its Biology and Practical Relevance
498 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 37527 times.
- The tittle 'Glioma - Exploring Its Biology and Practical Relevance' is indicative of its content. This volume contains 21 chapters basically intended to explore glioma biology and discussing the experimental model systems for the purpose.
It is hoped ...
- Recent Translational Research in HIV/AIDS
578 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 51501 times.
- The collective efforts of HIV/AIDS research scientists from over 16 countries in the world are included in the book. This 27-chapter Open Access book well covers HIV/AIDS translational researches on pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and ...
- Gestational Diabetes
392 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 74068 times.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus is defined as hyperglycemia with onset or first recognition during pregnancy. The incidence of gestational diabetes is still increasing and this pathological condition has strong association with adverse pregnancy outcom ...
- Ulcerative Colitis - Treatments, Special Populations and the Future
190 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 18584 times.
- This book is intended to act as an up to date reference point and knowledge developer for all readers interested in the area of gastroenterology and in particular Ulcerative Colitis. All of the chapter authors are experts in their fields of publicati ...
- Update on Mechanisms of Hormone Action - Focus on Metabolism, Growth and Reproduction
Gianluca Aimaretti with Paolo Marzullo and Flavia Prodam
480 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 54646 times.
- The purpose of the present volume is to focus on more recent aspects of the complex regulation of hormonal action, in particular in 3 different hot fields: metabolism, growth and reproduction.
Modern approaches to the physiology and pathology of endo ...
- Global View of HIV Infection
186 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 16528 times.
- Some of the topics covered in this book are:
Clinical symptoms of AIDS
AIDS and opportunistic infection
Prevention and treatment of HV
Treatment of HIV infection and immune reconstitution
- DNA Repair and Human Health
806 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 70112 times.
- Over the past decades, great advances have been made in understanding the cellular DNA repair pathways. At the same time, a wealth of descriptive knowledge of human diseases has been accumulated. Now, the basic research of the mechanisms of DNA repai ...