- Skin Biopsy - Perspectives
348 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 61065 times.
- Skin Biopsy - Perspectives is a comprehensive compilation of articles that relate to the technique and applications of skin biopsy in diagnosing skin diseases. While there have been numerous treatises to date on the interpretation or description of s ...
- An Update on Glomerulopathies - Clinical and Treatment Aspects
Sharma S. Prabhakar
482 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 77532 times.
- An Update on Glomerulopathies - Clinical and Treatment Aspects is a systemic overview of recent advances in clinical aspects and therapeutic options in major syndromes of glomerular pathology. The book contains twenty four chapters divided convenient ...
- Towards New Therapies for Parkinson's Disease
David I. Finkelstein
408 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 29297 times.
- Parkinson's disease (PD) is characterised clinically by various non-motor and progressive motor symptoms, pathologically by loss of dopamine producing cells and intraneuronal cytoplasmic inclusions composed primarily of ?-synuclein. By the time a pat ...
- Glioma - Exploring Its Biology and Practical Relevance
498 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 37917 times.
- The tittle 'Glioma - Exploring Its Biology and Practical Relevance' is indicative of its content. This volume contains 21 chapters basically intended to explore glioma biology and discussing the experimental model systems for the purpose.
It is hoped ...
- Recent Translational Research in HIV/AIDS
578 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 52137 times.
- The collective efforts of HIV/AIDS research scientists from over 16 countries in the world are included in the book. This 27-chapter Open Access book well covers HIV/AIDS translational researches on pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and ...
- Gestational Diabetes
392 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 75207 times.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus is defined as hyperglycemia with onset or first recognition during pregnancy. The incidence of gestational diabetes is still increasing and this pathological condition has strong association with adverse pregnancy outcom ...
- Ulcerative Colitis - Treatments, Special Populations and the Future
190 pages, November, 2011
All chapters downloaded 18778 times.
- This book is intended to act as an up to date reference point and knowledge developer for all readers interested in the area of gastroenterology and in particular Ulcerative Colitis. All of the chapter authors are experts in their fields of publicati ...
- Update on Mechanisms of Hormone Action - Focus on Metabolism, Growth and Reproduction
Gianluca Aimaretti with Paolo Marzullo and Flavia Prodam
480 pages, October, 2011
All chapters downloaded 55438 times.
- The purpose of the present volume is to focus on more recent aspects of the complex regulation of hormonal action, in particular in 3 different hot fields: metabolism, growth and reproduction.
Modern approaches to the physiology and pathology of endo ...