- Peripheral Neuropathy
114 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3210 times.
- Peripheral Neuropathy offers an update on few of the hottest topics of diagnose, treatment and rehabilitation of peripheral nerve injuries. The book is composed of five chapters, each addressing a different topic, ranging from an analysis of the heig ...
- Thyroid Disorders - Focus on Hyperthyroidism
Gonzalo Diaz Soto
278 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4398 times.
- The thyroid disorders are one of the most common and exciting areas of endocrinology. Hypothyroidism, multinodular goiter, hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer are only few of the several implications that the thyroid disorders have in health. In fact, ...
- Lung Inflammation
Kian Chung Ong
118 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 1452 times.
- In order to perform its function in gas exchange, the lungs and all components of the respiratory system are constantly exposed to pathogens, toxins, pollutants, irritants, and allergens in the environment. Lung inflammation involves an array of mech ...
- Pancreatic Cancer - Insights into Molecular Mechanisms and Novel Approaches to Early Detection and Treatment
196 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2416 times.
- This book provides the reader with an update on recent findings related to the molecular basis for the development and progression of pancreatic cancer. This book also informs the reader about the link between obesity and pancreatic cancer, and how a ...
- Fibrinolysis and Thrombolysis
206 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4295 times.
- This book familiarizes the reader with some recent trends in the theory and practice of thrombolysis. It covers the field of fibrinolysis from the standpoint of basic scientists and clinicians and delivers the state-of-the-art information on the bioc ...
- Trends in Infectious Diseases
Shailendra K. Saxena
214 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4385 times.
- This book gives a comprehensive overview of recent trends in infectious diseases, as well as general concepts of infections, immunopathology, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and etiology to current clinical recommendations in management of infecti ...
- Fecal Incontinence - Causes, Management and Outcome
Anthony G. Catto-Smith
186 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3977 times.
- Fecal incontinence is a common and disabling condition that unfortunately remains an “orphan” in terms of medical research and effective therapies. This book provides a brief review of the pathophysiology of fecal incontinence with specific focu ...
- Trends in Helicobacter pylori Infection
Bruna Maria Roesler
390 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6270 times.
- Helicobacter pylori is a universally distributed bacterium which affects more than half of the world population. The infection is associated with the development of various diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract, besides extradigestive diseases ...