- Fibrinolysis and Thrombolysis
206 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3909 times.
- This book familiarizes the reader with some recent trends in the theory and practice of thrombolysis. It covers the field of fibrinolysis from the standpoint of basic scientists and clinicians and delivers the state-of-the-art information on the bioc ...
- Trends in Infectious Diseases
Shailendra K. Saxena
214 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3989 times.
- This book gives a comprehensive overview of recent trends in infectious diseases, as well as general concepts of infections, immunopathology, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology and etiology to current clinical recommendations in management of infecti ...
- Fecal Incontinence - Causes, Management and Outcome
Anthony G. Catto-Smith
186 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3593 times.
- Fecal incontinence is a common and disabling condition that unfortunately remains an “orphan” in terms of medical research and effective therapies. This book provides a brief review of the pathophysiology of fecal incontinence with specific focu ...
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - The Old and the New Problems
200 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3520 times.
- Although Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) has been known since the ancient times, the exact etiology and pathogenesis of OCD unfortunately still remain unknown. In addition, the therapeutic approaches elaborated for the treatment of OCD as a whole ...
- Trends in Helicobacter pylori Infection
Bruna Maria Roesler
390 pages, April, 2014
All chapters downloaded 5772 times.
- Helicobacter pylori is a universally distributed bacterium which affects more than half of the world population. The infection is associated with the development of various diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract, besides extradigestive diseases ...
- A Synopsis of Parkinson's Disease
Abdul Qayyum Rana
230 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4220 times.
- Parkinsons disease is a disabling neurological condition with both motor and non-motor symptoms for which no cure is available at this stage. This book is unique in covering the most important topics related to Parkinsons disease. Current research an ...
- Leishmaniasis - Trends in Epidemiology, Diagnosis and Treatment
David M. Claborn
534 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7867 times.
- Of all the parasitic diseases, leishmaniasis is one of the most diverse, with a variety of manifestations, from relatively minor cutaneous lesions to deadly visceral infections. It is also widespread, causing human disease in the Americas, Asia, Eur ...
- HLA and Associated Important Diseases
382 pages, March, 2014
All chapters downloaded 7238 times.
- This year marks the 60th anniversary of HLA discovery by the French Nobel laureate physician Jean Dausset, as well as the 55th anniversary of the identification and naming of the first HLA. Under such circumstances, both basic HLA research and its cl ...