- Tumors of the Central Nervous System - Primary and Secondary
Lee Roy Morgan
270 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2023 times.
- A novel concept that is reviewed and discussed in several chapters in the book alludes to the transport of drugs bound to red blood cells into the highly vascular CNS tumors - both primary and metastatic. Such a transport mechanism is unique and of s ...
- Inguinal Hernia
132 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3512 times.
- The surgical treatment of hernia requires an extensive knowledge and technical ability. Astley Cooper stated that no disease of surgical interest requires so broad skills and knowledge as hernia and its variants. The history of groin hernia repair ev ...
- Advanced Brain Neuroimaging Topics in Health and Disease - Methods and Applications
T. Dorina Papageorgiou, George I. Christopoulos and Stelios M. Smirnakis
678 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 6992 times.
- The brain is the most complex computational device we know, consisting of highly interacting and redundant networks of areas, supporting specific brain functions. The rules by which these areas organize themselves to perform specific computations hav ...
- Immune Response Activation
Guy Huynh Thien Duc
274 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2922 times.
- The book Immune Response Activation is aiming to analyse the multifaceted aspects of the immune response, treating a number of representative cases in which the immune response is, on one hand, activated against pathogens, and, on the other hand, inv ...
- Peripheral Neuropathy
114 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3119 times.
- Peripheral Neuropathy offers an update on few of the hottest topics of diagnose, treatment and rehabilitation of peripheral nerve injuries. The book is composed of five chapters, each addressing a different topic, ranging from an analysis of the heig ...
- Thyroid Disorders - Focus on Hyperthyroidism
Gonzalo Diaz Soto
278 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 4215 times.
- The thyroid disorders are one of the most common and exciting areas of endocrinology. Hypothyroidism, multinodular goiter, hyperthyroidism and thyroid cancer are only few of the several implications that the thyroid disorders have in health. In fact, ...
- Lung Inflammation
Kian Chung Ong
118 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 1386 times.
- In order to perform its function in gas exchange, the lungs and all components of the respiratory system are constantly exposed to pathogens, toxins, pollutants, irritants, and allergens in the environment. Lung inflammation involves an array of mech ...
- Pancreatic Cancer - Insights into Molecular Mechanisms and Novel Approaches to Early Detection and Treatment
196 pages, May, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2261 times.
- This book provides the reader with an update on recent findings related to the molecular basis for the development and progression of pancreatic cancer. This book also informs the reader about the link between obesity and pancreatic cancer, and how a ...