- Sleep and its Disorders Affect Society
160 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2468 times.
- This book consists of a diverse set of topics which cover not only the predominant interests in sleep medicine such as sleep apnoea but also the more esoteric areas such as forensic sleep medicine. The chapters provide contemporary reviews and analys ...
- New Trends in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine - Official Book of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine
Hideharu Hibi and Minoru Ueda
130 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2872 times.
- This book is an edited collection of all the achievements of the main members of the Dental Division of the Japanese Society for Regenerative Medicine, which derives from the Japanese Forum for Regenerative Dentistry established in 2003. Scientific m ...
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
120 pages, September, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2607 times.
- Intracerebral hemorrhage is an important clinical entity encountered in practice. Common causes of intracerebral hemorrhage include hypertension, amyloid angiopathy, trauma, coagulopathy, arteriovenous malformation and underlying tumor. Advances in i ...
- COPD Clinical Perspectives
Ralph J. Panos
206 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3089 times.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is an increasingly recognized cause of morbidity and mortality. Over the next 10 years, deaths due to COPD are expected to increase by 30% and, by 2030, COPD is estimated to be the third leading cause of ...
- Capsaicin - Sensitive Neural Afferentation and the Gastrointestinal Tract: from Bench to Bedside
Gyula Mozsik, Omar M. E. Abdel- Salam and Koji Takeuchi
320 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 3099 times.
- The capsaicin, a component of paprika, has been used in the culinary practice of every day nutritional practice. This agent is known to cause a variety of actions in the body through activating capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons. A recently launc ...
- Pain and Treatment
Gabor B. Racz and Carl E. Noe
342 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 5799 times.
- This new edition reflects the evolution of the field including new topics for historical relevance regarding the changing attitudes towards opioid prescription and use. The book points out that the realization of liberalizing use is almost uncontrol ...
- Topics in Paraplegia
302 pages, July, 2014
All chapters downloaded 5084 times.
- Spinal cord injury related paraplegia changes a person's life in a sudden way. The most important issue for physicians, therapists and caregivers is to manage the complications that arise, and help paraplegic subjects return to a productive integrate ...
- Glucose Homeostasis
174 pages, June, 2014
All chapters downloaded 2420 times.
- Most tissues and organs, such as the brain, need glucose constantly, as an important source of energy. The low blood concentrations of glucose (hypoglycemia) can cause seizures, loss of consciousness, and death. On the other hand, long lasting elevat ...