- A Textbook of Advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Mohammad Hosein Kalantar Motamedi
870 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 115630 times.
- The discipline of oral and maxillofacial surgery covers a wide range of diseases, conditions, injuries and defects of the head, neck, face and jaws as well as the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity. It is an internationally recognized surgical ...
- Type 2 Diabetes
544 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 36623 times.
- Type 2 diabetes is now a global serious health problem. Patients with type 2 diabetes have 2-4 times higher risk of cardiovascular and renal complications, morbidity and mortality. This book, Type 2 Diabetes, is a unique book covering the topics incl ...
- The Latest in Peritoneal Dialysis
Abelardo Aguilera Peralta
114 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6211 times.
- This book summarizes the advances and new concepts introduced in the last years on peritoneal dialysis (PD) and its complications. PD therapy is a renal replacement peritoneal membrane using a semi-permeable barrier to liquids and solutes. The abdomi ...
248 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 9938 times.
- Amyloidosis is an uncommon disorder characterized by the deposition of extracellular amyloid proteins in tissues. Significant advancement has been made recently, which not only provides insight in to the pathophysiology of the disease but also helps ...
José Milei and Giuseppe Ambrosio
330 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15408 times.
- The disease of the heart muscle may occur secondarily to common diseases, such as ischemic, hypertensive and valvular, among others. However, there is a group of conditions with intrinsic myocardial involvement from gene or multifactorial etiology, a ...
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration - Etiology, Diagnosis and Management - A Glance at the Future
Giuseppe Lo Giudice
200 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 5424 times.
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of irreversible central vision loss in developed countries.There have been rapid developments of therapies that today can halt or even reverse aspects of vision loss resulting from AMD among ...
- Calcific Aortic Valve Disease
540 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 23534 times.
- Due to population aging, calcific aortic valve disease (CAVD) has become the most common heart valve disease in Western countries. No therapies exist to slow this disease progression, and surgical valve replacement is the only effective treatment. Ca ...
- Principles and Practice of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Michael S. Firstenberg
422 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 20811 times.
- The field of cardiothoracic surgery continues to evolve at a rapidly expanding rate. New technologies are under constant development and as patients present with more advanced pathophysiology and complex comorbidities, management becomes more depende ...