José Milei and Giuseppe Ambrosio
330 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15191 times.
- The disease of the heart muscle may occur secondarily to common diseases, such as ischemic, hypertensive and valvular, among others. However, there is a group of conditions with intrinsic myocardial involvement from gene or multifactorial etiology, a ...
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration - Etiology, Diagnosis and Management - A Glance at the Future
Giuseppe Lo Giudice
200 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 5304 times.
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of irreversible central vision loss in developed countries.There have been rapid developments of therapies that today can halt or even reverse aspects of vision loss resulting from AMD among ...
- Calcific Aortic Valve Disease
540 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 23041 times.
- Due to population aging, calcific aortic valve disease (CAVD) has become the most common heart valve disease in Western countries. No therapies exist to slow this disease progression, and surgical valve replacement is the only effective treatment. Ca ...
- Principles and Practice of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Michael S. Firstenberg
422 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 20327 times.
- The field of cardiothoracic surgery continues to evolve at a rapidly expanding rate. New technologies are under constant development and as patients present with more advanced pathophysiology and complex comorbidities, management becomes more depende ...
- Advancements and Breakthroughs in Ultrasound Imaging
304 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16182 times.
- Ultrasonic imaging is a powerful diagnostic tool available to medical practitioners, engineers and researchers today. Due to the relative safety, and the non-invasive nature, ultrasonic imaging has become one of the most rapidly advancing technologie ...
- Practical Management of Chronic Viral Hepatitis
380 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 16291 times.
- Continuous acquisition of new knowledge in Medicine is essential to ensure progression in diagnostics and therapeutics.
In the last decade the discipline of Hepatology has achieved critical progress in the treatment of viral hepatitis.
The present bo ...
- Manifestations of Cytomegalovirus Infection
Patricia Price, Nandini Makwana and Samantha Brunt
140 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 7233 times.
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is carried by 50 100% of the worlds population throughout their lives. Consequences are most readily seen in immunocompromised individuals such as organ transplant recipients, HIV-infected patients and new born infants. This boo ...
310 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 11320 times.
- Tumors of neuroblastoma group are heterogenous and their molecular/genomic properties are closely related to the prognosis of patients: some children enjoy an excellent clinical course after biopsy/surgery alone, and others suffer from a fatal outcom ...