- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children and Adolescents
326 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 46739 times.
- ADHD in children and adolescents is a neurodevelopmental disorder, which is recognized by the clinicians all over the world. ADHD is a clinical diagnosis based on reliable history, reports from home and school and a physical examination to rule out a ...
- Recent Advances in Infective Endocarditis
Steven W. Kerrigan
132 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18796 times.
- Endocarditis is an inflammation of the lining of the heart and valves. It can be due to a non-infectious cause but when the inflammation is associated with an infection, usually bacterial, it is known as infective endocarditis. It is typically charac ...
- A Textbook of Advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Mohammad Hosein Kalantar Motamedi
870 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 116247 times.
- The discipline of oral and maxillofacial surgery covers a wide range of diseases, conditions, injuries and defects of the head, neck, face and jaws as well as the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity. It is an internationally recognized surgical ...
- Type 2 Diabetes
544 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 36944 times.
- Type 2 diabetes is now a global serious health problem. Patients with type 2 diabetes have 2-4 times higher risk of cardiovascular and renal complications, morbidity and mortality. This book, Type 2 Diabetes, is a unique book covering the topics incl ...
- The Latest in Peritoneal Dialysis
Abelardo Aguilera Peralta
114 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 6254 times.
- This book summarizes the advances and new concepts introduced in the last years on peritoneal dialysis (PD) and its complications. PD therapy is a renal replacement peritoneal membrane using a semi-permeable barrier to liquids and solutes. The abdomi ...
248 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 10047 times.
- Amyloidosis is an uncommon disorder characterized by the deposition of extracellular amyloid proteins in tissues. Significant advancement has been made recently, which not only provides insight in to the pathophysiology of the disease but also helps ...
José Milei and Giuseppe Ambrosio
330 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15493 times.
- The disease of the heart muscle may occur secondarily to common diseases, such as ischemic, hypertensive and valvular, among others. However, there is a group of conditions with intrinsic myocardial involvement from gene or multifactorial etiology, a ...
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration - Etiology, Diagnosis and Management - A Glance at the Future
Giuseppe Lo Giudice
200 pages, June, 2013
All chapters downloaded 5458 times.
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of irreversible central vision loss in developed countries.There have been rapid developments of therapies that today can halt or even reverse aspects of vision loss resulting from AMD among ...