- Topics in Public Health
306 pages, June, 2015
All chapters downloaded 357 times.
- Public health has been defined as the efforts of a community that allow a population to remain healthy. This definition is very inclusive, so elements of clinical care, health promotion and many other fields contribute to the larger discipline of pub ...
- Autoimmunity - Pathogenesis, Clinical Aspects and Therapy of Specific Autoimmune Diseases
208 pages, June, 2015
All chapters downloaded 209 times.
- Autoimmunity is defined as an immune response against a self-antigen. This abnormal immune response can lead to tissue damage and to the development of autoimmune disease. From organ-specific autoimmune diseases, such as myasthenia gravis, to non-org ...
- Allergic Diseases - New Insights
244 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 884 times.
- Allergic diseases are one of the most prevalent diseases in the present with an undeniable correlation with development conditions and with the surrounding environment. Thus, it becomes imperative that the gradual understanding of the pathophysiology ...
- A Textbook of Advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Volume 2
Mohammad Hosein Kalantar Motamedi
860 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 3271 times.
- The scope of OMF surgery has expanded; encompassing treatment of diseases, disorders, defects and injuries of the head, face, jaws and oral cavity. This internationally-recognized specialty is evolving with advancements in technology and instrumentat ...
- Sexology in Midwifery
Ana Polona Miv?ek
216 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1142 times.
- Midwives support women during the reproductive period of their lives. Dimensions of midwifery work include, in addition to the physiological aspect, psychological and spiritual issues. Midwifery activities mean involvement in the most intimate sphere ...
- Autism Spectrum Disorder - Recent Advances
376 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 3609 times.
- This book starts with a new sub category of Autism Criminal Autistic Psychopathy and school shootings. It focuses on a number of interventions, including speech and language pathology, speech and language assessment instruments, occupational therapy, ...
- Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
320 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 2249 times.
- Obesity and type 2 diabetes are increasing worldwide problems. In this book we reviewed factors that contribute to glucose homeostasis and the pathogenesis of Type 2 diabetes. In addition the book addresses current strategies for treatment of Type 2 ...
- Melanoma - Current Clinical Management and Future Therapeutics
410 pages, April, 2015
All chapters downloaded 1111 times.
- Melanoma - Current Clinical Management and Future Therapeutics serves as an advanced course in melanoma or an addendum to further polish expertise. Sections of the book include a thorough introduction on epidemiology and disease, the current surgical ...