Medicine » Medical Genetics
- New Research Directions in DNA Repair
672 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 24903 times.
- This book is intended for students and scientists working in the field of DNA repair. Select topics are presented here to illustrate novel concepts in DNA repair, the cross-talks between DNA repair and other fundamental cellular processes, and clini ...
- Down Syndrome
Subrata Kumar Dey
270 pages, March, 2013
All chapters downloaded 21097 times.
- Down syndrome, the most cutting-edge book in the field congenital disorders. This book features up-to-date, well referenced research and review articles on Down syndrome. Research workers, scientists, medical graduates and pediatricians will find it ...
- Novel Gene Therapy Approaches
Ming Wei and David Good
404 pages, February, 2013
All chapters downloaded 25193 times.
- Gene therapy has the potential to be a tailor-made therapeutic with increased specificity and decreased side effects that can offer a "cure" for many disorders. The aim of this book is to provide up-to-date reviews of the rapidly growing field of ge ...
- Genetic Disorders
352 pages, January, 2013
All chapters downloaded 28985 times.
- Human genetics is the medical field with the most rapid progress. This book aims to provide an overview on some of the latest developments in several genetic diseases. It contains 14 chapters focused on various genetic disorders addressing epidemiolo ...
- Studies in Population Genetics
M. Carmen Fusté
178 pages, August, 2012
All chapters downloaded 13774 times.
- This book deals with central concepts in population genetics, describing the main evolutionary processes that influence the allele frequency distribution and change. The different chapters discuss topics such as population size and structure, migrati ...
- Muscular Dystrophy
Madhuri Hegde and Arunkanth Ankala
554 pages, May, 2012
All chapters downloaded 58617 times.
- With more than 30 different types and subtypes known and many more yet to be classified and characterized, muscular dystrophy is a highly heterogeneous group of inherited neuromuscular disorders. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the var ...
- Male Infertility
Anu Bashamboo and Kenneth David McElreavey
204 pages, April, 2012
All chapters downloaded 19383 times.
- Male infertility is a multifaceted disease where genetic, epigenetic and environmental factors all contribute to the development of the phenotype. In recent years, there has been an increasing concern about a decline in reproductive health, parallele ...
- Point Mutation
352 pages, March, 2012
All chapters downloaded 28967 times.
- This book concerns the signatures left behind in chromosomes by the forces that drive DNA code evolution in the form of DNA nucleotide substitutions. Since the genetic code predetermines the molecular basis of life, it could have been about any aspec ...