Medicine » Medical Genetics
- Down Syndrome
Subrata Kumar Dey
261 pages, March, 2013
- Down syndrome, the most cutting-edge book in the field congenital disorders. This book features up-to-date, well referenced research and review articles on Down syndrome. Research workers, scientists, medical graduates and pediatricians will find it ...
- Novel Gene Therapy Approaches
Ming Wei and David Good
396 pages, February, 2013
- Gene therapy has the potential to be a tailor-made therapeutic with increased specificity and decreased side effects that can offer a "cure" for many disorders. The aim of this book is to provide up-to-date reviews of the rapidly growing field of ge ...
- Gastric Carcinoma- New Insights into Current Management
293 pages, January, 2013
- Gastric cancer is the second most common cause of cancer-related death in the world. There are no screening tests available for its diagnosis, therefore patients usually presents in late stages, associated with poor prognosis. Currently, many efforts ...
- Genetic Disorders
344 pages, January, 2013
- Human genetics is the medical field with the most rapid progress. This book aims to provide an overview on some of the latest developments in several genetic diseases. It contains 14 chapters focused on various genetic disorders addressing epidemiolo ...
- Malignant Mesothelioma
Carmen Belli and Santosh Anand
120 pages, December, 2012
- This book brings together the knowledge of eminent experts in the field of malignant mesothelioma, a highly invasive tumor of mesothelium that is the protective lining covering several body cavities. Malignant mesothelioma shows extremely poor progre ...
- Studies in Population Genetics
M. Carmen Fusté
168 pages, August, 2012
- This book deals with central concepts in population genetics, describing the main evolutionary processes that influence the allele frequency distribution and change. The different chapters discuss topics such as population size and structure, migrati ...
- Muscular Dystrophy
Madhuri Hegde and Arunkanth Ankala
544 pages, May, 2012
- With more than 30 different types and subtypes known and many more yet to be classified and characterized, muscular dystrophy is a highly heterogeneous group of inherited neuromuscular disorders. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the var ...
- Male Infertility
Anu Bashamboo and Kenneth David McElreavey
194 pages, April, 2012
- Male infertility is a multifaceted disease where genetic, epigenetic and environmental factors all contribute to the development of the phenotype. In recent years, there has been an increasing concern about a decline in reproductive health, parallele ...