- Protein Engineering - Technology and Application
196 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 17068 times.
- Plant Breeding from Laboratories to Fields
Sven Bode Andersen
298 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 33005 times.
- Breeding of crop plants to make them more adapted to human agricultural systems has been on-going during domestication the last 10 000 years.
However, only recently with the invention of the Mendelian principles of genetics and the subsequent develo ...
- Genetic Engineering
138 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 15229 times.
- The book, while having only five chapters, covers a wide range of topics in genetic engineering of microorganisms, plants and animals. Specifically it covers both the natural and social sciences. In the natural sciences topics ranging from the geneti ...
- Oxidative Stress and Chronic Degenerative Diseases - A Role for Antioxidants
José A. Morales-González
512 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 40983 times.
- This work responds to the need to find, in a sole document, the affect of oxidative stress at different levels, as well as treatment with antioxidants to revert and diminish the damage. Oxidative Stress and Chronic Degenerative Diseases - a Role for ...
- Fungicides - Showcases of Integrated Plant Disease Management from Around the World
340 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 13279 times.
- This book comprised of three sections that focus various aspects of fungicide usages and its consequences. In the eight-chapter first section, authors discuss implementation of Integrated Plant Disease Management on a wide array of crops grown in dif ...
- Sustainable Degradation of Lignocellulosic Biomass - Techniques, Applications and Commercialization
Anuj K. Chandel and Silvio Silvério da Silva
284 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 27508 times.
- This book provides important aspects of sustainable degradation of lignocellulosic biomass which has a pivotal role for the economic production of several value-added products and biofuels with safe environment. Different pretreatment techniques and ...
- Environmental Change and Sustainability
Steven Silvern and Stephen Young
312 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 19026 times.
- Environments around the globe are undergoing human-induced change. Human population growth, rapid urbanization, expanding global economy, and the diffusion of western consumer lifestyles are placing increasing pressure on natural and social systems. ...
- Evapotranspiration - An Overview
Stavros G. Alexandris
284 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14465 times.
- Evapotranspiration - An Overview contains recent advances in the physics of evaporation and transpiration from a typical experimental site to large scale areas. It incorporates many years of authors experience with the latest research on the methods ...