- Plant Breeding from Laboratories to Fields
Sven Bode Andersen
298 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 32692 times.
- Breeding of crop plants to make them more adapted to human agricultural systems has been on-going during domestication the last 10 000 years.
However, only recently with the invention of the Mendelian principles of genetics and the subsequent develo ...
- Oxidative Stress and Chronic Degenerative Diseases - A Role for Antioxidants
José A. Morales-González
512 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 40446 times.
- This work responds to the need to find, in a sole document, the affect of oxidative stress at different levels, as well as treatment with antioxidants to revert and diminish the damage. Oxidative Stress and Chronic Degenerative Diseases - a Role for ...
- Fungicides - Showcases of Integrated Plant Disease Management from Around the World
340 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 13019 times.
- This book comprised of three sections that focus various aspects of fungicide usages and its consequences. In the eight-chapter first section, authors discuss implementation of Integrated Plant Disease Management on a wide array of crops grown in dif ...
- Sustainable Degradation of Lignocellulosic Biomass - Techniques, Applications and Commercialization
Anuj K. Chandel and Silvio Silvério da Silva
284 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 27178 times.
- This book provides important aspects of sustainable degradation of lignocellulosic biomass which has a pivotal role for the economic production of several value-added products and biofuels with safe environment. Different pretreatment techniques and ...
- Environmental Change and Sustainability
Steven Silvern and Stephen Young
312 pages, May, 2013
All chapters downloaded 18840 times.
- Environments around the globe are undergoing human-induced change. Human population growth, rapid urbanization, expanding global economy, and the diffusion of western consumer lifestyles are placing increasing pressure on natural and social systems. ...
- Evapotranspiration - An Overview
Stavros G. Alexandris
284 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 14357 times.
- Evapotranspiration - An Overview contains recent advances in the physics of evaporation and transpiration from a typical experimental site to large scale areas. It incorporates many years of authors experience with the latest research on the methods ...
- Current Progress in Biological Research
394 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 24264 times.
- Current Progress in Biological Research presents new insights into key topics from different areas of the biological sciences. Some of the topics covered in the book are antibiotic susceptibility, genomic rearrangement, historical biogeography, bioge ...
- Autophagy - A Double-Edged Sword - Cell Survival or Death?
522 pages, April, 2013
All chapters downloaded 34335 times.
- The chapters in this book review the latest advances in the molecular mechanisms of autophagy, highlighting some of the most challenging research topics. The focus is mainly on how this basic cell defense mechanism comes into play in various patholog ...